Ch 7: Interim

Sokka POV

We met up with Y/n and Katara outside of the tunnel and I was excited to see them come back ok. Then I noticed the unconscious Aang they were holding. 

"What happened?" I asked, taking Aang from them and putting him on Appa. The others climbed on and Katara was silent.

"Azula found us and Zuko chose her side. Aang's tattoos and eyes glowed but then Azula shot him with lightning," she explained breathlessly. The sun set as we took off and Katara finally snapped out of the funk she was in. 

She grabbed Aang and turned him over, bending the spirit water from the North Pole onto his lightning wound. We all looked on in anticipation. It didn't seem to do anything at first, but then Aang opened his eyes.

"The Earth Kingdom...has fallen," the Earth King said and that hit home for everyone. We flew in silence towards the edge of the city and then I came down to take Appa's reigns. 

I led us towards Chameleon Bay, where my dad and the other Water Tribe men still were. When we landed, my dad looked at us skeptically. 

"Sokka, Katara, what's happened?" He asked as  we rushed Aang to a medical tent. Thankfully, Y/n did the explaining for us. 

"We were ambushed and the Fire Nation princess staged a coup. The Earth Kingdom is there's," she told my dad. His face fell and he looked at all of us. 

"What do we do now?" He asked. I sighed. 

What do we do now? 

One week later...

Y/n POV

"Where ever we're gonna go, we can't keep traveling like this," I told the assembled. That included the Gaang, some old Freedom Fighters, and the Water Tribe men. 

"What do you mean?" Katara asked me. I gestured around. 

"Traveling like this: in a Water Tribe ship, with Water and Earth Kingdom clothes. The Fire Navy is crawling the sea and if they find us..." I trailed off. Sokka understood what I was getting at and nodded. 

"We can't risk going head to head with a fleet of Fire Nation ships. So, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em," he said and I smiled at him. After that, we made plans to hijack the next fire nation ship we saw. 

Thankfully it didn't take long for that ship to appear, and it was a run down one. That meant the members on board weren't high ranking soldiers. More fun for us... 

"I'll freeze the ship in place and give everyone time to board it. Take out the captain and the helmsman, and anyone else on board should balk," I instructed. 

Everyone nodded and when it was go time, I faced the ship and raised my hands, freezing the waves around the ship and holding it still. Katara froze a pathway to the enemy ship and everyone else handled the rest. 

Within 30 minutes, we had a new ship, new disguises, and a new chance at making it through to land. Sokka turned and handed me a Fire Nation cloak. 

"Good work Y/n. But would your knowledge of Fire Navy ships have anything to do with how you and Zuko know each other?" He asked. I could tell he wasn't using angry sarcasm, so I was a little less on edge. 

"Or how you can firebend?" Katara added and then everyone looked at me in surprise. I sighed and sat down, gesturing for everyone to do the same. They did and I took a deep breath. 

"It all started when I was born..."

One hour later...

I had told them everything: how my mom and dad met, how I grew up alongside Zuko and Azula at the Fire Lord's court, how the Fire Nation killed my mom after sending me away, and how I ended up here.