Ch 26: The Boiling Rock Part II

Y/n POV

Sokka's dad was part of the incoming prisoners, which meant we would all escape together. Sokka turned to us. 

"Go see your dad, we need to get back to our cells," I told him. He hugged me, kissing my lips quickly before turning to run off. Zuko and I nodded at each other, running back to our cells. 

Sokka POV

I found the cell my dad was in and ran straight there. 

"Thank goodness you're ok," I said relieved before my dad jumped into a fighting stance. 

"You take one step closer and I'll show you just how ok I am," he said threateningly. Oh right, disguise. 

"Dad, it's me," I said taking off my helmet. My dad's angry expression turned to one of joyful tears and he hugged me. 

"You know Sokka, you should be more careful with that guard outfit on. I almost punched you in the gut," he said with a laugh. Yeah, Y/n taught me that one.  "What are you doing here? And please tell me you didn't come alone."

"Y/n's here with me, she got captured a few days ago by the Fire Nation. And Prince Zuko's here too," I explained, making sure to clarify that Zuko's on our side. 

"So do you have a plan?" My dad asked me. 

"We had one, but some other prisoners got involved and ruined it. I don't know if there's another way off this island," I said honestly. My dad pat my back. 

"Sokka, there's no prison in the world that can hold two Water Tribe geniuses," he said proudly. 

"Then we better find two," I said before I realized. I laughed along with my dad. 

Well maybe we can figure this out. 

Y/n POV

"So you a waterbender, know nothing about an escape attempt that took place in a cooler on the boiling lake?" The warden asked for the third time. Or maybe it's been more than that, there's so much blood flowing towards my head I can't think. 

"You don't even let me near the cooler. I could start a riot and you would have to think of a whole new spot for me," I said and then finally my chair was flipped right side up. Though, with the force I was thrown, it's no wonder I fell back on to the ground. I took deep breaths to calm my anger. 

"I wonder how long a waterbender can survive without drinking water. Let's find out," the warden said and then he walked out of the room and locked the door, leaving me strapped to the chair. I exhaled and produced a small flame to cut one of my wrists free. Once it was, I  freed myself from the chair. 

Ugh this is ridiculous. I don't think he was kidding about the water threat. Normally this wouldn't be a threat to me, but the air in here is so dry. 

Ugh, I hate this. I feel so powerless. No wonder Hama turned out so vengeful. 

I heard a noise and looked over to see that a rat had found it's way into my cage. I cringed at first but then I realized. Hama... 

I took a deep breath and stretched out my hand. I felt around for the water I knew was inside the living creature and once I found it, I took hold of it. 

The rat flinched and tensed up, and as I moved my hand back and forth, the rat followed. Didn't think I'd pick this up this quickly. 

I heard footsteps approaching and I let go of my hold on the rat. My cell door opened a few moments later, but it was just Sokka. He shushed me so he could quickly whisper to me.