Chapter 3

The figure pulled me back up onto my feet and made sure that I was steady on my feet before it let go of my sweatshirt. The figure, again, pointed at the sign, probably wondering if I was Rylan.

I kept my face blank, my heart finally calming down to a normal beating. I clutched the handle of my suitcase so tight that I was surprised that it didn't come off from my grasp. "Who?" I asked, cocking my head. I was playing the dumb card because I didn't really trust this figure that knew my name.

The figure sighed and pointed to the sign again. The figure didn't say a word, and I couldn't help but think that the figure was probably mute.

"If you are Vulcan, then I am Rylan," I replied after a few minutes. It was getting late, and I really didn't want to be alone with him in the dark.

The figure nodded their head when I said that their name was Vulcan. This made me relax slightly, but I was still stiff because I didn't trust him or know what he was. I could tell that he wasn't human nor was he a Werewolf.

"Ok then, why the monastery robe and mask? You look like you are from some sort of cult."

The figure, Vulcan, didn't say a word. He reached for my suitcase, which I had pulled out of his way. He stared at me for a couple of minutes before trying again. Vulcan breathed through his nose, probably annoyed with me before holding his hands up for surrender. With a shake of his head, he gestured for me to follow him before he turned around and walked to wherever he had parked his car.

I let out the breath of air that I was holding when he had reached for my bag. Images of people wanting to take my stuff to help but ended up throwing them in a lake or a creek came into my mind, leaving me more nervous as to who handles my stuff or not.

Vulcan turned back around to see that I was still in the same spot that he left me. He gestured for me to hurry up before turning back around and walking in that same direction.

I shook my head and followed him, clutching one of my shoulder straps, tightly. I kept a safe distance behind him because I didn't know what he would try to do or anything like that. I was still considering that he was a part of a cult, and he was trying to find an innocent female's blood.

***

Vulcan pointed to a black SUV that was in front of us. He looked at me, probably wanting to know that I saw where he was pointing. He still hadn't said a word to me, and that kind of freaked me out, because I was sometimes able to detect what the person thought or was feeling behind their words or expressions.

I nodded my head, indicating that I saw where he was pointing and reached the SUV just as he opened the passenger door. I shook my head, not wanting to sit beside him and let go of my suitcase.

Vulcan watched as I opened the trunk and placed my stuff into the SUV. 

After that, I had opened the back door and clambered in, ignoring the fact that he had the door opened for me. He shook his head and closed the passenger, still watching me. 

He glanced at the child safety lock, and I knew what he was planning on doing. He was about to reach for it, but I quickly closed the door and locked it before he could have a chance to make sure that I stayed put. 

I could tell that Vulcan was glaring at me, and in turn, I just smiled innocently at him, keeping my hand over the lock.

Vulcan shook his head before going over to the driver's side. He had pointed at his eyes before pointing at me, telling me that he was watching me.

With him out of the car and just watching me, I took my two silver blades out of my boots and placed them into the sleeves of my sweatshirt. I kept an eye on him, making sure he didn't see the movement of me getting my daggers.

I leaned against the back of the seat, feeling slightly better now that I had my daggers closer to me while he got into the car. I could feel his gaze on me while he started the car before going off. I didn't meet his gaze because I was looking outside, again plotting my escape. I still didn't trust him and the quiet was killing me, but I knew that I had to wait patiently and go when he least expected me to leave.

Vulcan started to relax and stopped checking up on me every so often. When he reached a stoplight, he didn't even bother to check back to make sure that I was still in the back. And, when he started to drive again, that was when I opened the back door and jumped out of the moving vehicle.

______________________________________________________

A/N: Dun Dun Dunnnn. What do you think?