Extra #6- Don't You Dare Hurt Her- Vulcan's POV

A/N: So.. this will give ya'll a taste of why Vulcan is protective Nicoleta and why he had acted the way he did. Those that haven't read the second book will have to read it to understand what I mean. Let's just say that... it's not pretty.

__________________________________________________________________________

(Some time when Vulcan was captured)

I closed my eyes, panting. My whole body ached from the beatings that my "brother" put me through, and I knew that Rylan had felt them. My heart clenched at the thought of her hurting, but I knew that she was hurting more than me.

"Vulcan?" my little sister asked. Worry filled her voice, and I could tell that she was scared.

"Pleca (Go)," I said. I didn't want her to get hurt. I didn't want her to get hurt because she was here, talking to me. I lifted my head to stare at my sister and hissed when I saw that she had a black eye. Anger filled my body because I knew that he did it.

Nicoleta saw my stare and moved her hair to cover it. "Este bien, (It's fine)," she said, forcing a smile on her face. Her lip quivered, and I could tell that she was scared. "Sunt mai îngrijorat pentru tine, (I am more worried about you)."

I shook my head. She shouldn't worry about me. I had left her, and it was all my fault that my parents were dead, and she was here, stuck with that son of a bitch that didn't care about her. I knew that she was getting beaten by him. I could see it.

"Vulcan, don't think that it is your fault," Nicoleta said in English.

"Ce sa întâmplat cu vorbire română? (What happened to speaking Romanian?)" I asked, a small smile flickering on my lips.

Nicoleta shrugged and smiled. "I got tired of it," she replied, honestly. The smile fell off her face as she let out a deep sigh. "Don't blame this stuff on yourself," she said, seriously. "It's not your fault for feeling guilty about the way you look." Disgust filled her voice, and I knew that she hated the Red Wolf.

"It's not Aednant's fault either," I said, switching to English. I held my hand to keep her from talking. "She didn't know what she was doing. She is a good person, like Rylan." Like Rylan, I hated people treating Aednant like crap. Not a lot of people could see her, but I did, and I knew that she was beating herself down about it.

"Tell me about her," Nicoleta said, her eyes shining with curiosity about the new Red Wolf. "Who is she? What does she look like? What's she like?"

An image of Ry appeared in my mind. It was the first time that she would remember me, and she had just gotten off the plane. Her gray eyes had been wide with fear, and she didn't trust me.

Others would have been fine with seeing someone from a different species, but I knew why she wasn't. Even though her memory had been wiped of that night, I knew that her gut remembered. I knew that somewhere deep down, Rylan remembered almost had gotten raped by a Vampire, and that was why she was scared of them.

Nicoleta smiled, but I could see that it was a sad smile. "She sounds strong," she said.

I nodded. "She is," I said. "She is very strong."

"Ah, but even the strong ones break," Dracul said, walking over to us. He sneered, causing me to growl. Disgust was evident in his eyes as he looked at the both of us. "Don't they, Nicoleta?"

Nicoleta didn't answer him. Her whole body was tense, and I could tell that she was about to cry. A small gasp escaped her lips when Dracul pulled her hair and got her to face him. Fear came off of her in waves, and I knew where this was going as much as she did.

"I thought we had gotten you past that, Nicoleta," Dracul said. He grabbed her face when she tried to look at me. A sneer appeared on his face when he looked at me and then at her. "How about, we show our "dear" older brother what happens when you try disobey me? That would be good punishment for him." He forced her into kissing him and started to take off her dress.

"No," I snarled, slamming against my chains and trying to break them. "Don't you dare hurt her!" Anger and despair filled my body as I watched Dracul take my sister in front of me. I couldn't watch, but I couldn't look away. I was helpless.