Chapter 13 (Edited)

About an hour later, I was accepted into the pack as well as being announced as the Beta. I could see a lot of people shooting me doubtful and disgusted looks, and I didn't like it one bit, because it was as if they were judging me without even knowing me. After my announcement and meeting some of the pack members, I knew that I wasn't accepted like I wanted to be. So, at the last possible minute, before I was to meet Alpha Carter's Beta, I slipped away and up to my room, locking the door behind me.

I took off my sweatshirt and tossed it onto the bed before going over to my desk. I munched on a carrot while I grabbed the USB drive that Amelia Grace had given me, from the secret compartment underneath my laptop. I glanced at the door, frowning because I didn't trust people. Someone could come at any possible minute, and I was sure that they would be curious as to why and how I was going to meet up with Amelia Grace.

Amelia Grace was basically our, the Wolves, psychic, person who sees the future. Many seeked her out for knowledge as well as power, sometimes causing a disturbance between us and the humans. 

These people seeked her out for evil purposes, and after one such purpose, she "disappeared" and was never seen again. Well, the Wolf Council made sure that she stayed safe and hidden. How she escaped and found me was beyond me because, I knew that they kept wherever she was at a secret and her under lockdown.

I shook my head and sighed, hoping that this wasn't some sort of hoax. "I don't know how she expects me to get there," I muttered to myself while I grabbed my computer and went into the walk-in closet. "Cool, this can be my new fort," I muttered glancing around the spacious area. 

I frowned at the measly amount of clothes that I had brought with me before sitting down on the ground. "All I need is a chair and a table, and I'll be all set." I leaned my back against the wall before starting to upload the USB.

There was a knock on my door, making me groan. "Rylan? It's me. Open up," Liam said while he jiggled the handle. "Damn it. Why do you have it locked?"

I groaned again and looked to see that the USB was uploading onto my laptop. "I'll be there in a minute," I said. "And I don't want people to rudely barge in on me anymore." I placed the laptop down and walked out of the closet, closing the door. I was making sure that he didn't know I was in there or had something in there. "What is it that you want?"

"You left before meeting Luke's dad. Dad and Beta Rodrick are kind of pissed at you," Liam said while I opened the door. He raised an eyebrow, glancing me up and down. "Why'd you leave the party?"

I sighed and leaned against the doorframe, folding my arms across my chest. I glanced down at my arms, seeing a small bit of the white lines that I liked to keep covered. "People," I replied. I sighed again and leaned my head against the doorframe. "Everyone was either looking at me with disgust or doubtful looks. I'm sure everyone has heard of what people had said about me."

Liam frowned and glanced down at my arms before looking up at me. I could see a bit of pity in his eyes, and I couldn't help but growl softly. Liam raised his eyebrow higher, frowning. "You don't like to be pitied?" Realization and an apology dawned on his face and in his voice, causing me to shrug.

"If I did, then I would've turned into a different type of moping person," I replied. "And I do hate being pitied. What didn't kill me just made me stronger. I just didn't like the looks people were giving me. They don't know me."

Liam nodded his head and offered me a small smile. "I do," he said. "And I can tell that you are a strong person." He paused. "Hopefully you'll find a happy place here. You shouldn't be going through whatever you are going through alone." He frowned, hearing a dinging sound. "What's that?" he asked, curiously, peeking over my shoulder. He was trying to spy where it was coming from, and I was glad that I had hid it.

I moved in his way, making sure that he couldn't get into my room. "My closet telling me to get a comfy chair and a table, so I can make a fort," I replied. "I have to do something to make sure that it looks full." With that, I closed the door in his face and locked it before going over to my laptop.

All right, Amelia, I thought, sitting on the ground in the closet. I moved the mouse around to see that there were coordinates as well as directions in some sort of code. Where are you? With that, I started my search of the female that might be able to tell me who I really was.