Chapter 28 (Edited)

Anger. That was all I was feeling. I couldn't even find a reason on why I should try to control it while I was on my run. So, when one of the pack members had came across me from when I was feeding on an Innocent, that Skylar had killed, I didn't have enough control on not wanting to attack.

I snarled when someone stepped in front of the male, making my prey have enough time to get out of there. The figure tried to touch me, but I simply swatted his hand away, leaving a couple of nasty claw marks. If I had been thinking, then I would've know that the figure was Liam and he was just trying to calm me down. However, I wasn't and was basically in attack and kill mode. That male had stepped in front of my prey and now he was mine.I smelt his fear, and that seemed to fuel me while I started to stalk towards him. The male fell in front of me and a sneer appeared on my face. I was about to attack him when, again, another male stepped in front of him.

I reared back and snarled, hating that my prey was being blocked by someone else.

"Rylan," the figure said, holding his hands as if he was trying to calm me down. He had a slight Romanian accent, but that didn't hide the raspiness of his voice. "It's all right. You aren't going to get hurt."

I gnashed my teeth together before starting to stalk towards him. I growled when he didn't move but stood his ground, protecting the fallen male.

He moved slightly, causing some of his scent to filter through my nose. He smelled of musky wood and pine trees, that seemed to start calming me down a little. "It's me, Vulcan," the male said before pulling back his hood, showing all of the pig's mask. "And you need to calm down."

Vulcan. That name sounded familiar to me somehow and made my body relax just slightly. I growled softly before I closed my eyes and started to try to rein back my anger just like the male had said for me to do.

Hearing something close to me, made me open my eyes and caused my body to tense slightly. When I saw that Vulcan was about to take of his mask, I quickly placed my hand on his to stop him. Touching him, caused him to jump slightly while I calmed down a bit more. "Not here," I said, hating the fact that I had drawn a crowd. "Let's go to the room and you can show me there."

Vulcan nodded his head while he grabbed hold of my hand. He seemed to visibly relax when he saw that I wasn't trying to attack people as well as saying that he could show me his face when we were alone. He teleported us, but it was after I had sent an apologetic look to Liam, causing him to give me a thumbs up.

I knew that we were going to have to talk soon, and I was dreading that.

***

When we were in the room, I took a deep breath and let go of his hand. I had been trying to come up with a face for him, but most of the time it was wrong. All I knew from the hints that he had given me was that he had black hair and gray blue eyes.

I moved back a little and cocked my head. I tried to wait patiently, but after a couple of minutes, my patience started to thin. "Well?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Vulcan cleared his throat and looked down. He sighed and shifted on his feet. "I'm nervous," he said finally, causing me to sigh slightly.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked, cocking my head.

Vulcan sighed and looked down. He shrugged his shoulder, and I knew that he was probably not going to tell me the reason. He sat down on the bed and fiddled with his hands, watching me as if he was some sort of prey and I was the predator.

"Do you trust me?" I asked, moving towards him. I kept my posture relaxed, because I didn't want him to back away.

Vulcan nodded his head. "Yes," he said, softly.

I touched his mask, causing the male to stiffen. "Then trust me when I say that I won't scream and run for the hills." A small smirk appeared on my face. "'Sides, I'm sure that the mask scares me more than not."

Vulcan nodded slightly. He didn't say a word while I pulled off his mask and took a step back, tossing it on the other bed.

Vulcan was quite handsome for a 1,500 year old person. Well, I didn't know how old he was, but I knew that he had been around for a long time. He stood at probably 6'8 and was slimmer than Brick, but still muscular. He had deep blue gray eyes that seemed to look into the soul of a person. He had black hair that was longer in the back than the front.

But, it was his face that made me gasp as well as feel this deep sense of hatred for Aednat and myself. Scars crisscrossed the male's face, making him look rougher than he did without. However, what had caught my attention was the split upper lip, that didn't seem to heal well, as well a hole on his face, showing some teeth under his bottom lip.

I moved forward and touched his face. "Relax," I whispered to him when was about to jerk away. "I'm not going to hurt you." I traced the scars on his face, trying to make it burn into my memory.

Vulcan's eyes closed slightly, and he didn't move when I traced over his scars. He did open his eyes when I stopped tracing his face. He blinked but didn't say a word when I stepped back. A look of rejection passed through his face, causing me to snicker a bit.

"I am not running away from you, Vulcan," I teased. I took off my leather jacket and showed him my scars. "I don't know why you are so worried about your scars. You helped protect people from her. For me and my scars..." I shrugged my shoulder. "It was just self-inflected with no reason." I look down and shrugged my shoulder, feeling self conscious. "Well, I need to take a shower." I rubbed my neck and nodded my head towards the mask. "You can put that on, but I would like it if you kept it off for me. Please."

Vulcan didn't say a word but nodded his head. He lifted his head as if he heard a noise, and I couldn't help but frown when I heard it also.

"Who is at the door?" I asked, looking at it.

"Liam. I brought your bags. You have blood all over your face."

I sighed and rubbed my mouth, knowing that he was right. "Are you alone?" I walked to the door and hesitated on opening it.

"Yep," he replied, popping the 'p'. "Don't worry, I made something up about you attacking that Warrior, the blood, eyes, and everything else. However, your brother and best friend don't believe me. They told me that they felt a protective connection."

I grunted and opened the door. "Tell them that I'll talk to them tomorrow. I am tired and don't want to talk to people. Also, tell everyone that I send my regards and apologies for not being at the meeting."

"Anything else?" Liam asked, smirking.

"Oh right. Tell the pack to be ready at four in the morning 'cause they are going to be in for some hell." An evil smirk appeared on my face, making Liam laugh. "And tell them that if they are late, then they will have an extra hour."

"Yes, Ma'am," Liam said, saluting me. "We'll talk about the hand later tomorrow." He handed me the bags. "Night."

I shook my head and smiled. "Night." I closed the door and dropped the bags by it, glad that he didn't seem mad at me. A small bit of guilt appeared in my system while I got some supplies and went into the shower. I had a lot of thinking to do, and so did Vulcan.

This was going to be a long "vacation".

_____________________________________________________

A/N: Well, there is the chapter. How do you all think will happen at the training session? Will someone make Rylan pissed? What is the reason of Vulcan keeping his face covered or not talking? Will he keep his face covered?

Please tell me what ya'll think.

~Rissa