Chapter 31- Cooper (Edited)

I stared in shock while my mate fell into his arms. "What did you do?" I growled, narrowing my eyes at him. He hurt my mate. And only-

His hiss brought me out of my thoughts. "Do not go there," he said, as if he had heard my thoughts. "You have only caused her pain. I just made her take a nap before she did something stupid." He lifted her gently, causing me to growl out protectively. "I don't know what games you are playing, but you lost her when you started to beat her." With that, he turned towards the pack house and walked, ignoring me.

I followed grudgingly, glaring at him. He had my mate in his arms. My mate, the female that I had had feelings for for who knows how long. The mate that I had hurt because of something that had happened a long time ago.

And the truth was, I regretted it. I regretted hurting her. I regretted standing up for everyone else and not the person that I had feelings for.

"What happened?" Liam asked, breaking me from my thoughts. He looked at me, frowning. Mistrust and dislike filled his eyes. "Did he hurt her, again?" Dislike filled his voice, causing me to growl slightly.

"You are still on my land, Alpha Liam," I said. "I suggest that you do not act like that."

Liam and his friends growled, while Rhett stared blankly. He didn't come to my defence like I thought he would. "It is because of Rylan we are here," he said. "If it wasn't for her then we wouldn't have came. She comes first." He turned to Vulcan. "What happened?"

"Skylar," he replied. "He has threatened Wafilia. We will be leaving for a few days."

"You are not-"

Vulcan hissed turning to look at me. "And why do you care?" he asked. I could feel his glare on me, which caused me to shudder. "You haven't cared about her back then, so why now? She is going, and you can not say a word. You lost her, so I don't know why you are fighting so much."

I blinked back some tears and cleared my throat. I didn't say a word because he was right. I did lose, however I could win her back. Right?

I cleared my throat before walking back to my pack house. I didn't even hold back the tears that were starting to fall. I picked up my pace and ran to the training room. When I got there, I started to punch a punch bag, ignoring the fact I didn't have the proper protection for my hands.

I lost her. I lost her even though she was the only one that I had wanted. However, I knew that it was too late, and it was almost time for me to let her go.

***

"Hey, Li- oh, uh. Are you alright, Alpha Cooper?" I heard a voice ask from the door.

I looked up to see that it was Becca, Liam's mate, clutching a book. "Cooper," I said, my voice hoarse. I looked back down at my hands which were cracked with dried blood around the knuckles.

"Excuse me?" she asked.

"You don't have to call me Alpha Cooper," I replied. "You can just call me Copper. We are the same rank now, Becca."

She sighed and walked forward, cautiously. Her blue eyes stared into my brown ones, having this slightly suspicious look in them. "Who are you and what did you do to my old Alpha?"

I sighed and shook my head, chuckling. "I am still me," I replied. I moved a hand through my hair and sighed, again. "Well, kind of. I... guess I kind of changed because I had pushed my mate away and am seriously thinking of accepting her rejection."

"You can't!" Becca blurted out, causing me to look up at her surprised. She blushed and cleared her throat, clutching the book tighter. "Well... I don't think you can. I need to talk with Rylan and others."