Chapter 21 (Edited)

It has been a month since I had left the GreenRock Pack and lived at WitherBrook. I couldn't have been more happier. The group and I had gotten closer together, and everyone would see us together or me with some other member of the group. They, the group, finally learnt about my past, except for me being the Red Wolf, and I was surprised that they wanted to go to GreenRock Pack and beat the crap out of them.

I had never seen a whole group of people wanting to protect me, so that was kind of shocking and unusual for me. Sure, there were a few haters that didn't like me, but hey, everyone has them. 'Sides, no one did anything because I was still family to Alpha Carter, Perry, and Liam.

Speaking of Liam, he finally figured out why he was attracted to me. He found out because I had to drink an Innocent's blood in front of him. He almost had me thrown in prison if Vulcan hadn't stopped him and had basically made him wait until I was back to my "normal" self.

He learned that I was the Red Wolf and was destined for greatness. He and Vulcan were two of my six guards, and my brother and his mate were the other two. He, also, learned that I didn't want to drink their blood, but it was the only way that I could recieve my Wolf so I could help others.

It took him a few days, but he had finally accepted the fact that I was different, and he was my guard. He had promised me that if I did turn evil, then he would kill me. This made me laugh and Vulcan hiss.

Another thing that had happened was that I had gotten closer to Wafilia, and she became kind of like a part of the group. I have been over at her house, and she has been over at the Pack House. And no, she has never seen us in Wolf Form.

"Rylan, the creepy dude is back," Wafilia said, breaking me from my thoughts. She turned to look at me, frowning. "Why is that?"

"Huh?" I asked, blinking. I caught the book that she had threw on me. "What? I was thinking. And, I'm a ninja." A small smirk appeared on my face, because I saw that her eyes had widened up.

"Why is the creepy guy following you?"

Addy looked out the window before she turned to me. She raised an eyebrow, probably wondering how Wafilia could see him. "Vulcan is back."

I huffed and laid my head on the bed, closing my eyes. "He doesn't know what a sleepover is," I mumbled. "He thinks something bad is going to happen, and he needs to protect me." I rolled over and landed on the floor. "I'll go make him stay away."

"With the book?" Bailey asked, raising an eyebrow. "What are you going to do with it?"

"Throw it at him," I replied. "Or threaten him with it." I shrugged my shoulder before going to the door, grabbing my leather jacket and pulling it on.

"What if he hurts you?" Wafilia asked. Worry filled her voice. "I mean he looks like he could do some damage."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "That old pig mask and monastary robe aren't going to scare me. 'Sides, I'll be alright. He does owe me." With that, I left the room, leaving Wafilia to wonder what I meant by him owing me.

***

I shivered slightly in the cool air when I stepped from the back door onto the back porch. My hands were in my pockets as well as the book that I had. "Vulcan," I hissed, glaring at the older male in front of me. "What is the meaning of still being here?"

Vulcan didn't say a word, but he did look around. He was trying to make sure that we were the only people there, even though we both knew that there were Warriors in the woods.

"Vulcan," I said, again, causing the male to look back at me. "I'm safe. It's a sleepover." I sighed and shook my head when the only thing he did was cock his head. "Girls sleep over at another girls house. They gossip about random things as well as doing make-up. There are no boys or men allowed." I talked to him as if he was a child, causing him glare at me. I smiled innocently and pulled out the necklace. "If I'm in danger, then you will know right?"

Vulcan nodded his head.

"And am I in any form of danger, right now?"

Vulcan shook his head no.

"Do you think that I will be able to protect me and the other girls if danger is to arise?"

Vulcan hesitated but nodded.

I sighed. "Look, I'm used to taking care of myself and others without leaning on someone. I know that you all mean well, but I think I can handle myself until help does arrive. I do have two silver daggers and a gun with silver bullets."

Vulcan huffed but walked off. He knew that Wafilia was watching, so he didn't disappear like he would do if he was just alone with us Wolves.

"The rest of you all can go, or else, I'll ask Bailey and Addy to tell embarrassing stories about everyone and then spread them around." A smirk appeared on my face when I heard a couple of small growls. "You should know that I would do it. Tell that to Liam and Luke, also, when you get back."

'If you get hurt, Beta, then they will be pissed at us,' one of the Warriors linked.

I huffed and rubbed the bridge of my nose as a headache appeared. 'If I wanted to be protected, then I wouldn't spend half of everyday practicing and getting stronger. I will be able to protect Addy and Bailey. If they get hurt, then it is on my head and not yours. Do you all understand?'

'Yes, Beta,' they chorused before they disappeared.

I shook my head and huffed. "Finally," I said before going back inside. I placed my necklace back into my shirt, because I really did not want to be questioned about it.

***

"Good, you are back," Addy said. "Now, we can get on with the party."

I huffed and rolled my eyes. "What now?" I asked, placing the book on the shelf before looking back at the group. I frowned when I saw their smirking faces. My face turned a little pale and I shook my head. "Oh, no," I said. "No, no, no. Anything but that."

"Come on, Ry. It's a sleepover. All girls are into gossip and makeovers at sleepovers," Addy mocked.

I groaned and rubbed my forehead. "Not all sleepovers are about makeup," I tried to reason. "We could do... something else."

"Nope, we are doing makeovers. You can be last if you want," Bailey said.

Unlike her brothers, Bailey had blonde hair and brown eyes. She stood at 5'6, probably the shortest of the group. She was pretty athletic and had a spitfire attitude to fit it. However, she was kind and did put herself last, which earned my respect.

I huffed. "Well do I have a choice?" I asked.

"No," they chorused.

I groaned and laid my head on the bed. "Fine," I muttered, causing them to laugh.