Chapter 12 (Edited)

I watched Luke circle me, probably trying to see a weakness that would help him win this fight. "Any time now would be wonderful," I said, sarcastically. I folded my arms across my chest and looked at him. "I know that I'm good looking, but you don't have to gawk." I turned to look at Addy when I heard her growl. I was surprised that she did, but I couldn't think about it, because Luke had taken that moment to run at me. I moved to the side and aimed a good kick at his side.

"Damn it, Rylan," Luke scowled. "Why the hell did you have to hit so hard?"

I smirked. "It's what I do," I replied, moving towards him. I grabbed the arm that he threw at me before kicking him in the back of the head. While I was doing that, he grabbed hold of my waist and started to smell my scent. I growled, jabbing him in the gut and stomping on his foot.

While Luke was groaning, I flipped him onto his back, causing him to gasp for air. I was facing Addy, and my eyes widened when I saw that she also was clutching her side. I knew that I was hurting her because I was hurting-

My thoughts stopped because at that moment I was flying backwards. Somehow Luke had managed to stand up and hit me at the base of my temple without me noticing. I tucked my body into a ball and bounced on my back when I met the ground. The air was knocked out of me, but I didn't care as I wiped my forehead, feeling something sticky.

"Damn it, Luke," I scowled, seeing that there was blood on the back of my hand. "That hurt." Blood started flow into my eye, which caused me to start blinking. My eyes started to water and get blurry because of the blow.

"Going to give up?" Luke asked. "I mean, you are getting blind in one eye because of that head wound."

I wiped my forehead again and glared. I knew that I would be hurting Addy if I did hurt Luke. I felt guilty about that because it wasn't her fault that I had to fight him. However, I knew that I was going to have to win this battle to help out the pack. I sighed and moved my hands behind my back, coming to the conclusion that I would have to let him tire himself out. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of air, letting my other senses take over. "Hit me with your best shot," I taunted.

Luke growled and ran at me. He went to punch me on my left side, while bringing his right leg. I knew that he was going to use it to kick me, because I would be stepping at that side.

Knowing this, I ducked under his right fist before back away. My nostrils flared, while I tried to see where he was at, using my other senses. My whole body was tense while I waited for him to start moving towards me.

"Why are you hands behind your back?" Luke growled. "Fight me."

"I am fighting you," I replied. "I'm just not going to land a hit on you." I dodged his attack. "You should've known that I would be able to figure out why you wanted to fuck me." I did a backflip, going over the leg that he kicked at me. "You found her, but you love your party and sexual life."

"Shut up," Luke growled. "She is just someone that is weak."

"Or you think that she is weak," I replied. "If she was weak, then she could've killed herself to stop the pain. However, she didn't, nor did she leave like I did." I jumped back from his punch. "She's wanting to work it out with you, but you are just too stupid and only think about yourself to know that." I moved to my right side before taking a step back. "Now, this is the only time I'm going to say this; grow up before you lose everything dear to you." With that, I let go of my arms and grabbed his right arm, with my left hand. With my right hand, I pinched one of his pressure points at the back of his neck, causing him to fall limp.

Quickly, I caught his head and gently set it on the ground before I stood. "Think about it." With that, I started to walk to my room, still partially blind.

***

I growled softly while I tried to take care of my head wound. I still couldn't see that well, and it was still bleeding. It didn't bleed as much though because of my fast healing abilities. "I hate this," I muttered under my breath while I grabbed some more toilet paper and tried to clean it. "Come in," I called, hearing a knock at my bedroom door.

"Rylan?" Addy asked.

"Bathroom," I replied, dabbing at the wound some more. I pouted when I heard her chuckle, probably seeing the mess that I had created in the bathroom. "It's not funny. I was trying to take care of myself."

"And you're used to it?"

I grunted and nodded my head, letting her move me to sit on the toilet cover. Water started to sound before something was put under it. "I didn't mean to hurt you," I said, bluntly. I opened my good eye to see that Addy had stiffened.

"How?" she asked while she turned off the water. She cleared her throat. "Luke hasn't even told Liam. No one else knows, so how did you figure it out?"

"You were pissed at me because I rejected my mate," I replied, closing my eye while she dabbed at the wound. "Then you were clutching your side as if you had felt where he had been hurt. I just placed two and two together to know that you two are supposed to be together."

"So you see why I was mad at you for rejecting your mate?"

I grunted and nodded my head. "He was going to reject me first. If he did..." I shrugged my shoulder. "I don't think that I would've been able to survive."

"You're a lot stronger than you know, Rylan," Addy said, placing a bandage over my head wound. "I think you would've survived."

I sighed and shook my head, not knowing what would've happened to me if I did get rejected by him. "I don't know," I said, honestly. "What I do know is that I'm alive now and that is all that matters."

"And, you are the Beta of this pack," Addy replied, smiling. "Welcome to the pack."

I opened my eyes and grinned. I knew that I might be able to survive better because I did have a pack to lean on now. I knew that I had earned Addy's respect, and I hoped that I could earn the others respect as well.

_________________________________________________________

A/N: Yaaaay, she is the Beta of the pack. xD Anyways, who knew that Addy was going to be Luke's mate. Tell me what ya'll will think will happen next.

Peace out Fluffy Munchkins,

Rissa