Chapter 6

"Rylan Regina Reece! Where the hell are you?" my brother growled, his blue eyes flashing to a dangerous color. A snarl appeared on his face when he saw that Liam was beside me. "And who is that beside you?" He glared at Liam, and Liam growled softly.

I snorted and rolled my eyes, annoyed with my brother's overprotective behavior. I nudged Liam, and he grunted but got the message and shut up. "Hello to you too, Brother," I replied, and he growled because I was being sarcastic. "Is Gigi there, also? I don't want to repeat myself."

"Yes, I am here," my best friend replied, her blonde hair fell in my brother's face, and he growled in annoyance. She rolled her hazel eyes and pouted. "Oh, shut up, Rhett. We have to worry about Rylan and see if the guy next to him is her mate." She wiggled her eyebrows, suggestively.

Rhett groaned and moved a hand through his black hair after he moved the laptop so that both he and Gigi were shown on the screen. He had to make sure that Gigi's hair was not in his face before he glanced at her. "I don't think he, whoever he is, is her mate, Gigi." He glanced at me with his knowledgeable gray eyes. "Isn't that correct, Ry."

I sighed and gestured to Liam. "This is Liam, and he's the Alpha's son here," I replied. "You should've already met him, Brother." I glanced down, my brown hair moving in front of my face. "And ya, I found my mate today." An image of Cooper's shocked face appeared in my mind when I had rejected him. I knew that he had thought I wasn't strong enough to do that, but I was.

"Then why are you down there?" Gigi asked. "You're supposed to be moving in with your mate. Unless..." Her eyes went wide when I nodded my head, knowing where her train of thought had gone. "Oh my God! That son of a bitch is your mate?!"

I growled a warning, disliking the fact that she called Claire a bitch. "Claire is not a bitch," I replied through gritted teeth. "She is the best thing that had happened to me after my parents died."

"Well, he's an asshole," Gigi said. "He rejected-"

"He didn't reject me," I said, cutting her off. "I rejected him before he could." I shrugged and grimaced.

"Wait, who is your mate?" Liam asked.

"Cooper," Rhett said, gritting his teeth together. "That's who it is, isn't it?" He looked angry at him, and I almost pitied the guy.

"Ya, it's him, and don't do anything, Rhett." I glared at him. "He is still your Alpha."

Rhett growled. "But he's been pushing you around for thirteen fucking years. It's time he starts to respec-"

"The whole pack has been pushing me around for thirteen fucking years!" I exclaimed, feeling very angry at him. "The only person that stayed by my side was Gigi until five months later after the death of our parents. Now, isn't that correct, Brother?"

Rhett gritted his teeth together but nodded his head. He had not been there for me for five months, blaming me like the rest of them. However, after I had "disappeared" for a whole day, hiding out at our old house he came to the conclusion that I couldn't have killed my parents. He had spotted me crying and holding a picture of both of them kissing my cheeks. "And I regret every moment that I had ignored you or shoved you," he replied. He looked down at his hands and sighed.

"And I had forgiven you because I needed my brother." I shrugged, again. "But that's in the past. Cooper will probably know that he has lost me after a while, and no one will know that I'm taking refuge here."

Gigi and Rhett nodded their heads in unison. "Don't worry, we got your back," Gigi said. She glanced at Liam. "Promise me that you'll help her. She's been through some rough times during the pack, and she needs to know that she has someone she can lean on. Rylan is strong and doesn't admit that she needs help, but you will be able to know when she does."

Liam nodded his head and slung his arm over my shoulders. "I got her back," he promised. He smirked, and Gigi snorted amused. "Somehow she won a spot in my heart." With that, he pinched my cheek, and I laughed and shoved him away.

Rhett chuckled. "Well, we got to go. It's time for you to go to bed." He gave me a knowing look. "Also, try to go to school tomorrow, all right?"

I took a deep breath and nodded my head. My heart rate picked up because I was nervous about how tomorrow was going to go. "Her present from me is in the normal hiding place."

Rhett nodded his head. "All right. I love you, Sis. Remember your promise."

I nodded my head and tried to calm my pounding heart. "I will," I promised. "I love you, Bro."

"I love you too, little Sis," he said. With that he hung up the Skype call, leaving me alone.

"Hey, don't cry," Liam said. He moved my computer off of my lap and pulled me into his arms. He rubbed my back while I cried silently.

I had no idea that I was crying until he had said something. However, I knew that the reason why I was crying was that I had never been away from my brother. And now, I was in a new place without him by my side.

"I got your back," Liam whispered.

"Promise?" I asked, putting my arms around him and burying my face into his shirt while I tried to calm my frayed nerves.

Liam tightened his hold around me. "Promise."

And that was the way we had stayed until I had fallen asleep, too tired from all of my crying.