Chapter 24 (Edited)

I walked into the Pack House, jiggling the keys while I walked in. "Wafilia is safe. However, Skylar is still out there, and he is the one that had killed my-" I stopped talking when I saw the forlorn faces of the pack. "What's wrong."

Liam sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Well... we have been hiding something and-"

"I know that you all have been hiding something," I said, interrupting him. "You wouldn't have something to say about the old pack. Now, do you?" I raised an eyebrow when they all looked down.

"Well-" Liam began before being interrupted by my phone.

I pulled it out of my pocket and looked to see that it was my brother calling me. I glanced at them. "It's my brother," I said, feeling slightly uncertain about answering this call. I took a deep breath, calming myself down before pressing answer. "Yo?" I asked, my voice wavering a bit.

"Rylan? Are you alright?" Rhett asked. Worry filled his voice, and I could tell that he was creasing his eyebrows together.

I gave a short laughter sound. "You tell me, Brother," I replied. "You haven't called me in a week. Everyone is looking at me with forlorn faces, and I fear that something had happened to the pack."

Rhett sighed and chuckled softly, even though it sounded force. "You and your instincts," he teased. He sighed again, and I could tell that he moved his hand through his hair. "You know that I love you right, and that-"

"Just shut up and tell me what's wrong," I growled, interrupting him. I could feel my eyes shifting into another color, but I closed them before anyone else can see them. I took a couple of breaths, trying to keep a hold on my anger.

Liam seemed to understand what I needed, because he was instantly at my side and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "Three more," he whispered, making sure that only I could hear him. "Just breathe. It'll get worse with the other three, but you'll be able to handle it."

I took a deep breath and relaxed slightly. "Sorry," I mumbled into the phone, feeling sheepish at yelling at one of my guards.

Rhett chuckled coldly. "Not as sorry as I am," he said. He took a deep breath. "Cameron is dead. He's been dead for a week."

***

Shock. That was the only feeling that I could feel. My face paled while my phone dropped from my hands. My surrogate father, my rock, was dead. He had been dead a week, and I didn't even know it.

"Rylan?" Liam asked, sounding far away. He moved in front of me, looking me in the eye before grabbing the phone that was gone. He placed the phone to his ear. "I'll call you back. She's in shock." With that, he hung up before moving towards me again.

I took a step back and shook my head. My heart was pounding and I couldn't help but feel slightly light headed as the blood seemed to leave my head.

"Is she going to faint?" one of the members asked while some started to come my way.

I shook my head, starting to feel slightly claustrophobic around all these people. I backed up once more before turning around and sprinting out of the room, ignoring the shouts of 'Rylan'. I opened the front door and sprinted out, needing to get away from everything and everyone.

"Rylan!" someone screamed my name, but I didn't care. I couldn't go back there, not yet.

Alpha Cameron had been my voice of reason from the beginning of people making my life miserable. He had been my rock when it was my brother that had shoved me down the stairs with his friends. He was the one that had woken up in the middle of the night to take care of me when I was screaming from a nightmare. He was the one that treated me like a human being when no one was around or didn't treat me like somebody at all. All in all, he helped me in more ways than could be possible.