Chapter 25 (Edited)

13 years later (present)

I stared at the ground, my face red from crying. I didn't know where I was, but I could really care less. Not only did I lose my surrogate father, but I was going to loose my surrogate mother as well. I couldn't lose both set of parents.

A branch cracked behind me, signaling that someone was there. However, I didn't move from my spot nor showed any sign that I heard it. "Rylan?" the person asked. "Are you all right?"

I didn't looked up, not caring about anything. I knew that Skylar had killed him, so it was basically my fault.

"Rylan?" the person asked again, kneeling down in front of me. The person lifted my chin, and I saw that it was Liam who had found me. His blue eyes were filled with concern.

"It's my fault," I whispered, tears streaming down my face. "All the death is all my fault. They are right. I did kill my parents."

Liam shook his head and hugged me. "No, you didn't kill anyone, and it is not your fault."

"Yes, it is," I replied, pushing away from him. I pulled my knees to my chest and held myself, looking at my knees. "It's all because I'm the fucking Red Wolf." My voice lowered at the end, because I didn't want anyone else to hear about me being the Red Wolf.

"Stop this, Rylan," Liam growled, causing me to look startled. "Do you know how many lives that you will be able to save because you are who you are?"

I glanced down, biting my lip. I still didn't really know much about being the Red Wolf. I just knew that Aednat was the one before me and had killed innocent people. A shiver of disgust went through me, because I didn't like that.

Liam sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Aednat was not the first Red Wolf," he said, finally, causing me to look up again. "My father said that Red Wolves would help packs out and try to stop battles. If something is wrong, then the Wolves would come to them, since they give good advice or because of their powers. He, also, said that there are those that want to take their over their powers so that is why the Moon Goddess had gifted them the six guards."

"But what about this group?"

"They want to use the powers of the Red Wolf for evil. I think it was them that had captured Aednat at a young age and forced her to kill. That is why there is a bad rep for the Red Wolves." He growled, his eyes flickering to those of his Wolf Form.

I sighed and moved a hand through my hair. "What if they turn me into some evil bitch?" I asked. I frowned, my brows creasing together. "I can't bare to kill anyone that is Innocent."

"You won't," Liam promised. He placed his hand into his pocket and took out a vial of what looked like blood. "I think your surrogate father knew that you were the Red Wolf." He handed me the vial. "This should fill the next one."

I nodded my head and took the vial. I could feel the affects of the spell and opened the container before drinking it. My body convulsed after I finished drinking it, causing the vial to drop from my hand and onto the ground. This caused the it to shatter.

Liam grabbed my body and gently laid me on the ground. He placed my head in his lap and waited for the shaking of my body stop, while I got used to the other person's blood in my system.

After a few minutes, I stopped shaking and felt drained. "Two more," I mumbled, making Liam nod his head. I stood, not caring about my shaking legs. "Come on, we need to get back and discuss what we want to do. They're going back to the GreenRock Pack." With that, I started to wobble back the way that I had came.

***

"We shouldn't help them," Luke said, glaring at me. "They had caused you so much pain, or have you forgotten?"