Chapter 11 (Edited)

***

Liam and I were standing in front of the house, waiting for everyone else to get back to the Pack House. We had to talk to Alpha Carter since both of us did skip school. He was quite disapproving of me being the Beta, stating that a Beta should always contact the pack if something happens or crap like that. I couldn't help but ask if Luke would still be a better choice of a Beta, even though it seemed that he didn't care about his job. That shut up Alpha Carter and caused Liam to choke back a laugh.

I told him my idea and well, he was a lot more enthusiastic than he would be if I hadn't stated it. I knew that he was curious as to why I wanted to be the Beta, but he didn't ask. I did tell Liam that I wanted it to be a kind of a revenge thing, because my whole pack, except for four people, thought I was weak, but it was also because I didn't want this pack to suffer with a weak minded Beta.

"You don't have to do it today," Liam said, breaking me from my thoughts. He kept glancing at me, worry filled his eyes. "I mean you won't be considered weak if you just not do it today." He glanced at my underside, frowning.

"I will seem weak and Luke will taunt me," I said, leaning against the post that was in front of the house. "He'll make my life miserable and call me weak whenever he gets the chance." I scrunched my eyebrows together and pouted, hating the fact that people would think me as weak.

"You are not weak," Liam soothed, rubbing my arm. "You've been through a lot as a younger kid." He paused and sighed. "I'm surprised that you are still alive."

"I'm all that Rhett has left," I replied. "Sure he has Gigi, but I'm the only family he has left. I-I can't do that to him." I moved a hand through my hair and sighed before shaking my head. "Anyways, I don't think I'll be able to even try. My parents did save my life."

"You know, I don't understand that part. Can you tell that again?"

I shook my head no, while I saw Vulcan pulling up with the rest of the group. "Nope, 'cause it's time for the fun to begin." I stood up and walked to the car, while Luke got out. He glanced around before his eyes landed on me. "Are you going to take the challenge or not?" I folded my arms across my chest and waited.

Luke nodded his head and set his jaw stubbornly. "I do want a kiss if I win," he said.

"Good, you can just kiss my ass," I replied going to the area where people trained.

The others in the group busted out laughing while Luke followed behind me, grudgingly. "And it's just one kiss," he muttered. "What's so bad about that?"

I'm not going to give my first kiss to someone who wants to just get into my pants, I thought, my face turning a bit red.

***

Alpha Carter looked from me and Luke. A couple of people were gathered around and one was shooting me a disapproving look. "Do you approve of letting her have the Beta position for an x amount of time?"

"Only if she wins and gives me a kiss," Luke said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I opened my eyes wide, in a comical fashion, and looked at him with a shocked face. "I'm sorry," I said, sarcastically. "I didn't know you were John Travolta from when he played in Grease." I looked him up and down, frowning. "You don't look sixty one."

Liam busted out laughing and patted my back. "Good one, Rylan." He frowned. "But seriously, will you kiss a sixty one year old man?"

I looked at him, seriously. "On the cheek," I replied. "I don't want some old guy or a horny guy to..." I cleared my throat and blushed.

"First kiss?" Liam guessed.

My face turned redder while I nodded my head. "Anyways, let's get this done. I want to see if we can't finish before the party and my announcement to the pack."

Liam smirked. "You know, I think you've forgotten to tell me that in your whole story about your life?"

"Wait, you know all the stuff about her?" the male, that had slung his arm around my shoulders, said. He pouted, his blue eyes shining teasingly. "Aren't you going to tell the rest of us?"

"Nope," I replied, popping the 'p'. "'Sides, I don't know who most of you are except for Addy, Luke, and Liam."

"Well, I guess then that should be changed," another male said, stepping up beside that male. Another male stepped up beside him, looking exactly like him. "I'm Thaddeus and that is Chris." He gestured to himself and his brother. He then gestured to a female standing beside Addy. "That's our sister, Bailey. Besides her is Nathan, and the guy in front of you is-"

"Perry," the male replied, bowing. "Perry White at your service."

I raised an eyebrow. "You're not a platypus though, so how can you be at my service?"

Perry gave me a look of shock and blinked. "Wha?" he asked, making Liam chuckle.

"Excuse my brother. He isn't into Phineas and Ferb."

I shrugged my shoulder and pouted. "Well, you can't win all battles." I looked at Luke, smirking. "Speaking of battles, are you ready to fight?"

"Just waiting for you, Sweetheart," Luke replied before he started to move around me. "Just waiting for you."