Chapter 32 (Edited)

A/N: 'Bout 10 chapters left. There is going to be a sequel called 'The Red Warrior'. I don't know when that will be up.

Here's Chapter 32.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to my phone ringing and groaned, rubbing my head. "Hello?" I asked, groggily. I sat up, surprised that I didn't have the one hundred weight on, but I was sure that either Vulcan or one of my friends had taken it off before I left. "This is Rylan."

"Why didn't you call me yesterday?" the familiar voice of Wafilia asked. There was a bit of accusing in her voice as well as hurt. I knew it was because I had called her every day. "Did I do something wrong?" Her voice turned soft.

I leaned back in my seat and smiled, slightly. My whole body relaxed because she was safe for now. "No, you didn't," I said, soothingly. "I was busy and pissed." I shuddered, remembering the "conversation" that I had had with Cooper.

"Boy problems?"

"Mmhmm," I replied, closing my eyes. "Cooper is being a butthole." I sighed. "I am going to come over for a few days. I need to clear my head. Will that be all right with your mother?"

"Mama isn't at home right now," she said. "She had to go on a business trip."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, keeping my eyes closed. "Is Damon there? If so, can I talk to him, please?"

"Damon had to go home for a little while. Why?"

"Damn it," I muttered, running a hand through my hair again. I opened my eyes and looked around, trying to see where we were at. "Ok, do you remember that knife that I had given you?"

"Yes..?"

"I need you to get it from where I had placed it for safe keeping and then lock all the doors and windows. I will need you to go into your closet after you had done that."

"Why?"

"Don't worry about it. Just trust me, please. I'll be there in thirty minutes. I'll, also, ask Uncle Carter to send Damon. He will not be going into the house, but he will be in front of it waiting for me."

"How will you get in?" Wafilia asked. There were some sounds of her locking something, which caused me to sigh with relief.

"I know how to pick locks," I replied. "I'll let myself in." There was a dinging sound, which made me check to see that Uncle Carter was calling me. "Ok, my uncle is calling me. I'm going to go and call you back as soon as possible, all right?"

"Ok," she said before she hung up.

I clicked the answer button and placed it again back to my ear. "Sir?" I asked.

"Liam told me that Skylar had sent out some Rogues to Wafilia. How far are you?"

"'Bout thirty minutes," I replied. I rubbed my forehead before reaching into the glove box and pulled out some ibuprofen. I dry swallowed two of them, hoping that it could help with my headache. "And ya, he had sent some people out. I don't know how long ago." I checked the clock. "Uh, I think he told me two hours ago."

"And you are almost here? Who is driving?"

"Vulcan," I replied, looking at the male beside me. "I think he used some of his Vampy powers to help us go faster."

"Hmmmm. Well, make sure that no one gets hurt. We'll try to hold fort until you get here."

There was a dinging sound, and I couldn't help but sigh. "Will do," I said. "I have to go. Someone is on the other line." I hung up when he just grunted and pressed the answer button. "Rylan."

There was a panting sound as if somebody was running. "Rylan! They have gotten in," Wafilia said, fear evident in her voice. "I-I lost the knife in one of the people that were attacking me."

"Are you on the path that will lead you to my house?" I asked, signalling for Vulcan to pull over.

"Un huh. Rylan, they are gaining and I am getting tired." There was a yelp and some scrambling sounds.

"Wafilia?" I asked, shocked. Fear filled my body when I heard a whimpered pain as well as some more scrambling sounds. Something bad happened, and I knew that I might not be able to protect her like I wanted to.

"You better hurry, Red Wolf," a different voice said after some more scratching/static sounds. "We have your friend."

I growled. "If you let her go, then your deaths will be quick."

The male snickered. "I suggest you come as quick as you can."

I unbuckled my seat belt. "Come now, we both know that you all want me. Why don't you be good Rogues and leave her alone?"

"No can do. Hurry because your friend is crying," he taunted.

I snarled and opened the door of the car before hopping out. "You have just signed your death wish. With that I threw the phone into the car before running into the woods.

I didn't know where I was going, but I knew that I was going to be finding the way that they had went. I could feel wherever she was calling to me, because I knew that she was going to be the last one that I needed.

After what felt like hours, but was actually around thirty minutes, I came upon the area that they were at. My stomach quenched when I saw four Rogue Wolves around Wafilia's almost decapitated body.

Wafilia opened her eyes and looked at me. Death was at their doors, but she had this small bit of hope in them. She stared at me for a couple of minutes before taking a deep breath and muttering the words that I so badly did not want to hear from her.

"Dabo sanguinem meum ad te (I give my blood to you)."

After that, all I saw was red.

_________________________________________________________________________

A/N: How did ya'll like that? Next chapter, we will see her transform. O.O It's not going to be in her P.O.V though.

Anyways, don't forget to vote/comment

Thanks,

Rissa