THE GLOWING BOOK

"Its brutal out here

"Its brutal out here...:

ANNA'S POV

I groaned and turned around on my bed. I saw the time and it was only 6 o'clock. Sunlight was coming in the room through my window. I groaned realizing I forgot to draw the curtains before going to sleep.

I was half asleep and didn't want to get up from bed yet. I waved my hand in the air and the curtains immediately covered the window. Then again with a wave of my hand darkness got over the window making the room dark again. Satisfied, I smiled to myself and went back to sleep.

I then woke up at the sound of my alarm clock. I got up from bed, waved my fingers which retreated the shadow and opened the curtains. I made my bed then got ready.

As I opened the door of my room, I saw James yawning, his hair so messy. I laughed as he yawned. We both did the little secret handshake we made which was not so little.

We both went downstairs for breakfast. We found found dad sitting on the table drinking coffee, reading news on his phone and mom in the kitchen making waffles.

Me and James looked at each other, smiled knowingly and shouted," WAFFLES." then ran to table and then sat down. Our parents laughed at our antics.

After physically not being able to eat more, we all just started joking around. Mom said," alright you both are gonna stay home tonight." I nodded but James said," what why, I have plans."

Mom slowly looked at him and said,"well cancel them." Dad of course not wanting to argue said,"listen to your mother James."

James grumbled under his breath and asked,"what is today anyways? Something special?"

Mom was putting away the plates, after a minute she sat down and said,"Your uncle Ben is coming for dinner tonight, i didn't tell you guys that?"
"No mom." we said. She replied and said,"well now I did."

That was good Ben was a really good and a fun person to be around. He was the best and probably our only uncle.

Ben Adler, our maternal uncle, yeah I know he is British cause he is our grandmother's sister's kid. Sometimes people find it complicated but its not really. He is actually a really fun person to be around and he always tells me and James about alien intelligence and whether it's real or not. He also worked with mom and dad in the project.

Mom continued,"Ok alright calm down you too. I want you guys to help me prepare dinner and no funny business you two okay."

"Okayyy mom." We said together obeying her.

"Alright you two can go now."she said.

James got a call from his friend and went to his room. I shrugged looking at him and decided to go to the our library and find a new book to read. I love reading books. I read books sometimes in my phone too but real books have its own feeling.

I got there and looked at the ginormous library we had. Whenever I come here, I feel so relaxed and calm. I sat on one of the armchairs and started reading the book I was reading previously.

I spent the next hour there, not caring about the rest of the world, lost in my own fantasy. I got up and went to put back the book back in the shelf as I finished it. I had the sudden urge to get a book from the back shelf.

So I went there and slowly ran my fingers on the books on the shelf while walking. I stopped as I touched one of the big books. I took it out and saw that it had the prettiest cover I had ever seen. But it didn't have a title. Weird I thought to myself.

Just as I was about to open it, it started glowing. I gasped and looked at it. I was about to open it when mom called me to her. Giving in I went to mom, making metal note to see inside the book and why was it glowing. I decided not to tell anyone about what I saw until I had some information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Turns out that my mom needed my opinion for what to make for dinner. We decided on lasagne and a few other things.

I was walking up the stairs when James slightly opened his door with headphones on and said," hey wanna play a video game we've got some time till Ben comes."

"Yeah sure why not." I replied and followed him to his room.

We both had completely different asthetics of our room. My room was bigger than his which I really really brag about whenever I want to annoy him. We both decorated our rooms very beautifully. I love my room, it gives off good vibes and gives me warmth.

We both came in and sat down and played one game. I was quiet now wondering about the book.
"Ok what's up with you?" asked James
"What-nothing. What do you think that?" I replied.

"I know when somethings up. Come on we tell each other everything."

That was true. We know when something is wrong with another. Call it twin telepathy or anything I dont know.

"Ok so there is something." I started and then told him what I saw in the library.
After telling him, James was quite for a moment and then his eyes widen and he said,"woah that-thats weird. What could it be? Do you think it was related to your powers?"

"Yea I thought so too but I am not sure we will check later."

"Okay and hey its gonna be okay." He said and hugged me.

Man I love my brother even though we fight sometimes.

Mom came in then slightly interrupting the moment," hey you- okay you guys are hugging, anyways get ready Ben will be here soon."

We both got up and went to get ready. I made my way to my room. I opened my closet and decided what to wear. I am kind of a fashion freak and I have loads of clothes. Mom and dad says I could be model. After 10 minutes I decided on wearing a tank top and denim shorts with a cropped jacket on top.

I made combed my mid-back length black s hair into a high ponytail. I just wore some converses and looked myself in the mirror.

After helping out my parents with some final touches we waited for Ben. Then we heard the doorbell ring. James came down running. Mum and dad opened the door and Ben came in. He hung his mask with the others and greeted them and James.

Then I went to him and hugged him tightly. Him and I were really close, he would tell me about how much he wanted a robot.

The rest of the night went perfect. We ate laughed and enjoyed a lot. Ben and I even practiced defense and fighting. He went home then and we said bye to each other knowing we all would meet on Christmas which just two weeks away.

After changing into my night suit I laid on my bed but not before drawing the curtains. Then I slept clearly exhausted and then I had a dream or a vision.

I love ben.
Thank you for reading
Don't forget to vote and comment.