2011 - Kim Hongjoong

You and your parents moved to South Korean in 2011, when you were 12 years old. It was a huge change for you. It was so hard for you to leave your family behind, and your friends and move to a completely different country, but your father had gotten a good job offer there so it was simply the right move for your family financially. You had spent that summer learning Korean so that when school started you knew the basics. You'll remember your first day of school forever. You were so scared. YOu remember your parents dropping you off. The first few hours of classes and then finally lunch hour. You had found a seat on your own away from everyone else because, you just did not feel confident enough to be around the other students. You were a foreigner and therefore no one wanted to talk to you, or so you thought. You were so immersed in your thoughts until someone sat across from you. You looked up to find a boy about your age smiling at you.

"You looked a little lonely. My name is Kim Hongjoong. We are in the same class. You're the new girl, (y/n) right?" Hongjoong smiled at you kindly as he spoke got you, in order to not scare you. You nodded shyly and looked at your food. This gesture made Hongjoong smile. "Consider me your very first friend here" he said happily as the both of you started eating. This was how it went on for years. Hongjoong was indeed your first friend, and he stood by you always.

--------

You sat in the living of your apartment waiting for your best friend to finish getting ready. You had moved to Europe with your parents when you were 17, and were now living in Germany. Leaving South Korea meant leaving behind your friends and while you and Hongjoong tried to stay in touch, it unfortunately never worked out, but you will never forget him. You were now 22 and your friends birthday had been the past weekend so you had gotten her tickets to go see her favorite KPOP group. She had insisted on taking you as her guest and while you protested at first, she was the birthday girl. You were now 22, so when your friend was ready, you both drove to the venue in your car. You got in quite quickly and found your places rather quickly, front row seats. Those had costed you a pretty penny but your friend was worth it. She had been your rock through losing touch with Hongjoong and you did everything together. You looked over at her and saw that she was incredibly nervous.

"Hey calm down. It's going to be fine Anna. Just focus on enjoying the concert" You chuckled rubbing her shoulder. She looked at you with big eyes.

"What if he sees me?"

"Who?"

"Yunho of course! You know he is my bias" Before you could even respond the concert was starting and 8 figures appeared. Now you weren't familiar with this group as you were more into English music. You watched the concert, actually enjoying the music these guys were performing. As they started coming to the front of the stage, boys and girls around you were screaming which made you chuckle in amusement. You looked at each of the guys. They definitely were not bad looking. They seemed like nice people, interacting with the fans quite a lot. The one you recognized as Yunho had now come closer to where you guys were sitting and was waving at your best friend, which sent her into a complete frenzy. You were happy to see her so happy. As you looked back up at the stage you couldn't belive your eyes,and he couldn't believe his. He got so surprised that he forgot the words to the song and instead what you heard through the whole arena was a simple and stunned:

" (y/n)?" The other members looked at him and he quickly continued on the show. You were still in shock. Anna looked at you.

"Why did THE Kim Hongjoong just say your name?"

"Well.....we went to school together back in Korea"

"WAIT! He's the guy I was helping you get over?" All you could do was nod at her question. After 5 years, you crossed paths again. What were the odds. "Well good thing we got Hi-touch tickets then huh?"

--------

The show went on somewhat smoothly. Hongjoong kept coming over to your side of the stage and would stare at you trying to understand if it was really you, or just his imagination.

"What happened out there Joong?" Hongjoong looked at Seonghwa.

"Do you remember this girl i used to talk about all the time"

"The girl you were or still are in love with since you were 12? Yeah, hard to forget when you keep writing love songs"

"She's here" Seonghwa stopped laughing at his own joke and stared at him.

"Wait, really? Here? After 5 years? Joong you know what this is right? This is faith!" The older member just could not hold his hopeless romantic inside of him, knowing about this information. "Well come on! Maybe she got Hi-touch!" With that he pushed Hongjoong out to the area where they all stood in row. Hongjoong was last in the row and soon fans started coming through. He smiled kindly and thanked them all for coming. The fans would shower them with compliments as they exchanged a high-five but when your turn came, Hongjoong didn't let go of your hand.

"I thought I'd never see you again...."

"So did I..." Hongjoong quickly got one of their managers to take you and Anna backstage. He loved their fans but he could not be done fast enough. Once he was finally done, he basically ran backstage and stopped right in front of you.

"You're really here.." He admired you,as you stood there looking so pretty.

"Yeah...I had no idea you debuted. Congratulations, I knew you'd make. I'm very proud of you. You are clearly doing well for yourself" Hongjoong was a blushing mess at your kind words.

"Thanks. That means a lot coming from you...Can I hug you?" You gave him a nod before he engulfed you in a hug. The boys finally joined and watched their leader surprised.

"Hongjoong hugging someone ? Where is our actual Hongjoong? " Wooyoung asked stunned as the two of you pulled apart.

"Guys. This is (y/n). We went to school together from ages 12 to 17" The boys nodded as it clicked.

"So you're the girl he writes about in our lyrics?" San smiled and hugged you "Nice to meet you. I'm San. I'm a hugger. Hope that's okay." You were blushing madly. Hongjoong wrote about you?

"No it's fine" Hongjoong on the other hand was both embarrassed and a little jealous that San was so close to you. The boys invited you and Anna to hang out a little bit longer since their next concert wasn't for a few more days and Yunho and Anna were really hitting it off. By the end of the night, you and Hongjoong had exchanged numbers and were closer than ever. Leaning on each other, sharing loving looks. It was clear to everyone in the room, that you were both still very much in love with each other. When you laid in your bed that night, you couldn't believe it. You were smiling from ear to ear until your phone buzzed. Hongjoong was calling you. You quickly picked up.

"Ah, Hongjoong! You cam't call a girl after midnight on facetime. She won't have make up on and won 'üt be ready to talk. You're lucky your cute" You joked. You smiled at your phone screen, you could tell he was in bed too, barefaced just like you.

"Well you look just as pretty without make up and I wasn't ready for us to be done talking. I wanted to see you some more" You blushed and rolled your eyes.

" What a smooth talker"

"okay this is too much even for me. I'll sleep in Mingi and San's room. Keep on flirting" You saw Yunho get out of bed and leave the room which made you laugh. You spend the rest of night talking to Hongjoong until the sun was coming up and you made plans to meet again soon.