1 - Late

Y/n's POV

I wake up to a cup of water thrown on my face.
Great.

"Why'd you that, Vicky!?!", I yell at my sister.

"Well, I didn't want you to be late for your first day at Midtown!"

"I had it handled-", I say as I look at the clock. I do not have it handled... School starts at 8:00... It is currently 7:30...

"SEE!!", my sister yells, after she saw me look at the clock.

"Shit, I got to go!", I jump out of my bed.

"I know!! Now get ready!"

"Wait, can you drive me please?", Giving my sister an innocent look hoping she won't see through it.

"No." She saw through it.

"Please, I don't wanna be late or sweaty from running.", I begged. I really didn't want to have to run to school and be all gross especially on my first day but it would also look really bad if I was late.

"Sucks for you.", then she just walked out of my room, no emotion.

As soon as she left my mom comes in, saying, "You're not going in that right?" I'm wearing my pajamas.

"No, mom, I'm going to school in pjs.", I try to say in the flattest tone possible. I get up and change into nice clothes after she left, then head for the kitchen.
"I'm all ready to go. Do you want me to start the car?" I ask my sister, hoping she forgot about saying no.

"I'm not driving you, remember?" She did not forget. Walking it is, I guess.

——————————————————————————

I'm running through the busy sidewalks of New York,  I take out my phone to see the time, 7:56. I can make it! Picking up speed and finally landing in front of the school. I check the time again, 7:58. I can still make it, hopefully. I grab my schedule from my pocket, my first class is history, room 104. I look at the map to see that's on the other side of the school. Silently cursing to myself, I run to the classroom. 7:59. I'm going to make it! I'm almost there! A foot away from the door, the bell rings. I start to enter the classroom hoping no one noticed, just to bump into the teacher as I pass the door.