27 - What did you just say?

Y/n's POV

The Winter Soldier and I are now chasing after the Amber who is being really annoying not letting us catch her! We on running from roof to roof trying to stop her. We finally follow her to a dead end where the next roof she could jump to is at least 25 feet away. We got her cornered, at least I thought we did, she gives us a nod and jumps off the roof, seemingly disappearing into the air!

"Damn it!", I hear the Winter Soldier say behind me. I turn around to see him sitting down at the edge of the roof, obviously upset.

I sigh in defeat and sits down next to him."Hey... buddy?", I grimace at the nickname, "How are you doing, frosty?"

He huffs in annoyance? Why is he annoyed? He loves my nicknames! "Hey, Protector.", he mumbles.

What the hell is his problem? He needs to stop acting childish!

I groan, annoyed, "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing." He mumbles again, this is getting on my nerves!

"Well it's obviously something! What happened?"

"You!", He blurts out, "You happened!"

That one arm whore!

"Excuse me?! What did I do?!"

He stands back up, causing me to stand too, "You let this bad guy get away!"

I try my best to stay calm, "I didn't mean to! It was a mistake!"

"You can't make mistakes!"

"Why not?! I'm a person, aren't I?! People aren't always perfect!", I yell.

He yells back, "No! You need to be the perfect hero!"

That's very familiar...

"WELL I CAN'T!"

"DON'T SAY THAT SHIT Y/N! IT'S CRAP AND YOU KNOW IT!"

Did he just say my name? Does the Winter Soldier know who I am?!

I finally say, "What did you just call me?" I need verification. Maybe he didn't say my name, maybe it was in my head. I know it wasn't...but just maybe I didn't mess up in revealing my identity, again.

He pauses staring at me. I can only see his blue eyes, everything else is covered by his mask. Those eyes... they seem so familiar.

He finally speaks, probably talking about figuring out my secret identity, but all I can focus on is his eyes. I've never actually really looked at his eyes, too busy fighting bad guys and what not. I know those eyes...

Bucky. Fucking. Barnes.

"Holy shit!", I gasp.

"I know it's bad that I know your identity but let me just explain-", he starts to say but I cut him off.

"You dick!"

"Wait what?"

"Why the hell didn't you tell me Bucky?! That's not fair! I trusted you with my secret but you can't trust me with yours!?"

"Oh shit you know..."

"Yeah well I mean you're the only one who knew so I put two and two together...", I tell him bitterly.

"Y/n I'm sorry! I should've told you!"

I walk towards the other side of the roof getting ready to get the hell out of here. "Save it, Bucky. I need to leave anyway." I say jumping onto another roof and practically running away.