26 - The Night of Homecoming Pt 2

Bucky's POV

Y/n is definitely planning something. I don't know what but it can't be good. Flash just came over to our table trying to get Y/n to dance with her. He says some stupid thing about Peter and I, then Y/n gets him to go to the dance floor.

I'm honestly excited to see what it is she wants to do but I'm scared that it'll backfire on her. I don't want her to end up in a bad situation.

Y/n's POV

I look over at the people at my table giving me looks but I just simply shrug in response. Everyone drops it except for Bucky. He's starting at me, it's almost like he's trying to read my mind through by how serious he looks.

I can see Flash on the dance floor doing some stupid tiktok dance thing. Ugh. I use my powers to slowly lift up his hand. The people that noticed this are staring at him confused. I then make him slap himself in the face, causing him to scream in an extremely high pitched voice. Everyone is laughing, laughing at him.

I feel like I'm on top of the world right now! I know what I'm doing could get me in trouble but he deserves it. He's terrible to everyone. I then make him do it again, and again, and again...

My fun gets stopped by someone grabbing my arm and pulling me off to the side. That dick.

Bucky's POV

As soon as I realized what Y/n's doing quickly bring her into a corner of the gym. "What the hell are you doing?!"

She rolls her eyes, "How do you know I did that? Maybe Flash is being controlled by an alien parasite or something?"

"You have the ability to literally control people's actions!", I whisper yell at her.

She whisper yells back, "Oh whatever! Fine I did it! But you should be thanking me."

"Why would I be thanking you?"

"Because Flash is a terrible person and deserves it!"

I think for a moment and I honestly really agree but I know the rules Fury gave us and the 2nd most important rule, right behind not revealing our identities, is to not use our powers in public if we aren't in our suits. And Y/n is most definitely breaking that rule! I really care for her but this is ridiculous!

I sigh and shake my head, "You still probably shouldn't be doing that right? What if some supervillain sees that whole Flash thing and figures out someone from Midtown is the Protector!? That'd be pretty bad right?"

She grabs my shoulder to try to reassure me, "Nothing like that is going to happen, Buck. I'll be fine. I promise-" Y/n gets cut off by something, or someone falling through the ceiling.

Y/n's POV

I'm trying to reassure Bucky but I get interrupted by this thing crashing into the gym.

"What the fuck?", I hear a few kids and even chaperones mutter with others quickly stepping away from whatever just crashed through the ceiling.

I instinctively push Bucky behind me away from the danger but he does the same to me resulting in a really weird shoving contest. He finally agrees and steps behind me.

Someone stands up from the rubble, they're in a black suit wearing a mask with yellow lining on everything. They have a female figure and is holding one of those high tech weapons that the men I fought before I became an Avenger were carrying. That's not good.