24 - The Day of Homecoming

Y/n's POV

It's been a two weeks since that whole thing with Fury. It's now time for homecoming and I don't have a date. I know I've could've gone with Flash but I don't think I would be able to stop myself from throwing up if we danced together.

It's probably for the best that I don't have a date, though. I'm going to be helping with the ticket stand and snacks. So I'll be just fine...

——————————————————————————

I head over to my lunch table and sit down next to Bucky and Wanda. Which causes the redhead to start talking to me, "So! Are you excited for homecoming? It's going to be absolutely amazing! I can't wait to do the ticket stand with you!"

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited. It should be fun.", I give Wanda a smile.

"Should be?! It's going to be!", she looks at me happy but I could see a glint of offense in her eyes.

"Wanda I didn't mean it like that. It's going to be fun. I'm just a little bummed that I don't have a date. And I know I'm independent and strong and I don't need a partner but it's nice to have one even if it's just for a dance. You know?"

"I know exactly what-"

Wanda gets interrupted by Sam who was apparently listening to our conversation, "You could always go with Flash.", he jokes.

I give him a death stare and Wanda continues, "As I was saying", she looks at Sam and then back at me, "I know exactly what you mean. I don't have a date either but that doesn't mean it's not going to be the best night ever!"

Yelena grabs our attention and says, "Do you guys want to get ready at our house? Mj is going to."

Wanda and I both say yes at the same time.

"Wait, why aren't we invited?", Tony looks at us, faking hurt.

"Because we don't want your slimy hands to mess up anything. The rest of you guys can get ready together if you want.", Nat rolls her eyes.

"Y/n! Wanda! Aren't we all supposed to get there early, though?! To sell tickets!", Peter practically yells at us, full of worry.

"Relax Pete, we'll just leave Nat's and Yelena's house early.", I calm him down

Something pops into my mind that I feel the need to ask, "Hey guys?" Everyone looks at me for a second, waiting for my question. "Do we not have a homecoming football game? There's just a dance and that's it? Isn't there usually like spirt days too or at least a pep rally? Also why don't we have pep rallies?"

Everyone stares at me unable to respond like I just said something that no one ever pointed out. They all just shrug and continue on with lunch. What the hell is wrong with this school?

——————————————————————————

After the school day, all the girls head to Nat's and Yelena's. All the girls helped Wanda and I get ready first since we had to leave first. Wanda looked absolutely beautiful in a red dress. I chose to wear a dark purple dress, the color kind of matches my power. I think that's why I picked it.

We help the other girls get ready until it we had to leave. We said our goodbyes and headed for the sandwich shop that we're going to meet Peter at.