20 - Annoying Bucky & Sleepy Peter

Y/n's POV

What the hell?!? How did Bucky figure out my identity. I've been careful.

I can't focus on how he found out and I need to focus on how to gaslight the shit out of him.

"Me? A superhero? That's ridiculous!", I quickly say to him.

"Not when I literally saw you change into the suit."

"That wasn't me- Wait! You saw me change?! You creep!"

"No! I looked anyway when you started changing then looked back when I heard a bag zip up! I would never watch you change! You really think I would?!"

Ok, gaslighting might not work.

"Still that wasn't me."

"I saw your face."

"Maybe I have a doppelgänger. You never know."

"Yeah but I know it was you. I saw you leave school."

"Did you follow me?"

"No! I was walking the same direction as you but I didn't say anything cause you seemed kind of frantic."

"It still wasn't me."

"I know for a fact it was."

"Well maybe you're wrong."

"No. I'm not."

I'm not getting out of this but I can prolong it. That's probably unhealthy but whatever.

"I got to go to class! Bye!", I walk out of the janitor's closet and quickly go to class. That didn't seem to stop Bucky though because he just follows me to class. We do have the same class but that's not to point.

He sits next to me, and Peter's on the other side of me.

"Hey Y/n. Did you do the homework? I didn't know we had homework and I'm honestly terrified.", Peter starts to ramble but slower than normal, "I thought the homework was due tomorrow not today. Now Mrs. May is going to be mad at me. I don't want her to be, she's scary-"

I finally stop him, "Do you want to copy off of mine, Pete?"

"Yes.", I hand him my homework just as Mrs. May walks in.

She starts to speak, "Alright class, today I will be giving you a packet that should be done by the end of class.", that erupts groans from the class. She gives us all a look and then continues, "I will be picking up the homework, from last night, towards the end, as well."

She starts to hand out the papers as Bucky leans over to me and whispers, "Y/n, you can't ignore this-"

Mrs. May interrupts, "No talking!"

Throughout the class Bucky has been passing me notes, tapping me on my shoulder with his pencil, basically anything that would get him my attention. I haven't reacted though and I don't plan on doing so until I figure out what the fuck to do.

Peter has been a mess as well. He's really off also I'm pretty sure he fell asleep multiple times. After he gave me my homework back I decided to ask him what's wrong.

"Nothing's wrong Y/n, just a little off.", he whispers as he places his head on his desk.

I whisper back, "You sure? Because you seem a lot off. Also your face is kind of pale and you look like you wanna jump off a cliff."

"Yeah, I'm fine just overworked-", he gets cut off by his own yawn. I then see him slowly close his eyes and start drift off to sleep.

Mrs. May seems to see this and walks over towards Peter and I. She nudges Peter's side until she gives up and does a loud clap in front of his face.

"AHHHH!!", Peter screams, a little more high pitch than I expected, which caused laughs from the rest of the class.

"Ms. L/n, will you please bring Mr. Parker up to the nurse."

Anything to get away from Bucky's stare, "Sure-"

"I don't need to go to the nurse, I'm perfectly fine-", Peter interrupts his own statement by yawning yet again.

"Ms. L/n, please take him to the nurse."

"Yep.", I then grab Peter's arm to lead him out the room and we start to make our way to the nurse.

"Why are you so tired?"

"I stayed up all night.", he replies plainly.

"Well that's probably not good."

"Yeah..."

"Why were you even up all night?", I ask out of genuine curiosity.

This question seems to make Peter tense up, "Uhhhh, insomnia?"

"That seemed more like a question than a statement.", I noticed during the short time I've been here, Peter's a terrible liar.

"Whattttttt???? Noooooooo! Insomnia is why!", Peter exclaims with little energy he has.

"Alright then.", we then walk the rest of the trip in silence.