3 - What is this?

Y/n's POV

It's been a week since I've started at Midtown. It's a big change from homeschool but I'm getting used to it. I actually have some friends which is a shock considering how awkward I am. I actually feel like everything in my life is becoming good. I probably just jinxed it but you never know right.

——————————————————————————

I'm currently sitting in bed, starving. My parents are both working on something for their work. They work at this company called Oscorp. It's for sciency stuff but I'm more of a reader and writer so they don't usually bore me with the details. My sister can't make me food because she's out doing some stupid shit, I'm guessing. Sometimes she just goes MIA for a while then you'll see her acting just fine after being gone for 3 days.

I've decided I'm going to make a sandwich. That should be easy, right? I make my way into the kitchen and start to look for the turkey in the fridge.

"Oh cmon, where is it?", I whisper to myself.

A purple glow is starting to shine from the back of the fridge.

It's probably just something for Vicky's science class- wait she's not in school... Why did I think that? The fuck. I'm just going to make my sandwich and stop being an idiot. Easy...

——————————————————————————

After I finished my food, I cleaned up and meant to go to my room, but I never left the kitchen.

I have to know what that is!

I march strait to the fridge and open the door. I grab the container and place it on the counter.

Ok...what is this? I start to inspect it when I hear my parents enter the apartment. I quickly grab the container and use the fire escape to climb onto the roof.

Why did I run? It's not like this is going to get me trouble.

I still decided not to go back down until I can figure out what the orb thingy is. After quite awhile of observing and researching on my phone, I don't want to open it. It seems like something I can't identify and I'm not going to be stupid enough to open it.

"You know what purple thing, it's time for you to go."

I stand up and chuck the container off the roof into the busy street below. Then I feel a heavy and strong object hit the back of my head, making me loose my balance.

"Fuck!! What was that-", I start to say as a turn around but the second I saw what hit me I froze. It's the container.

"But- huh- I'm very confused right now and I don't like it!", I say as I'm staring out to where I threw it and back at it, again and again.

"Stubborn orb."

I grab the container again and go out to throw it again.

BAM

It didn't work. But maybe third time's a charm. I grab it, again and stand at the edge of the roof, again and throw it off, again.

"SHIT!"

——————————————————————————

After trying to get rid of the orb for what seemed like hours, I realized it's not going to leave. Why did 50 something tries made me realize that, I don't know.

Time for a last resort, opening it. ...That was a dramatic statement

Opening up a container that can be deadly, I'll be fine. I pick it up from the floor and place my hand on the lid. I got this.

"1..2...3!" And just like that, I opened the container and the purple glow started to fly out of it.

"Ok, so maybe this was a bad idea.."

It's starting to come towards me and the only thing I could think of is to stand completely still and maybe it won't see me. That didn't work, obviously, it hit straight into my chest and knocked me down.

"FUCK!!!!"

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

AN: I love this chapter and I hope you do too!