28 - I did not just say that...

Bucky's POV

I really messed up. I shouldn't have said Y/n's name. Lets be honest I shouldn't have even figured out her secret identity. If I wasn't so nosey this wouldn't have ever happened. This is my fault and now she's really mad at me. And she has the complete right to be.

It's been 3 weeks since homecoming, the cafeteria is blocked off until it can be fixed so we all have to eat outside in the outdoor cafeteria section. I'm just still surprised school is still even going on, they did not cancel school at all since the 'incident'.

Y/n hasn't talked to me since the roof. Not as the Protector or as Y/n. I really miss her. I have been trying to talk to her but I get ignored every time which is pretty understandable. The rest of the group is completely confused by everything and I refuse to tell them anything whenever they ask what's going on between us. It's not my place to tell them, also it would ruin the whole secret identity thing, again.

Y/n's POV

He's such a fucking dickhead! I was starting to really like him and then I find out that he's been lying to me the whole time. It wouldn't be that big of deal since he's just protecting his identity but he knew about mine and didn't tell me anything about his. I trusted him with my secret but he didn't trust me with his, that's not okay. The second he told me he knew who I am, he should've told me who he is. Why couldn't he just trust me? What did I do wrong?

I'm currently walking to my second period, English, one of the classes I sit next to Bucky in. I did actually ask Mrs. May to move but she just told me no before I could even explain myself. Don't get me wrong I love the whole bad bitch energy coming from her but sometimes she can just be really scary. Luckily in the other class that I sit next to Bucky in, the teacher made us move seats so now I sit next to this girl named Liz Allan. We've actually gotten pretty close over the past couple weeks, she's pretty cool.

I enter the classroom and sit down at my desk. Peter immediately starts talking to me, he's rambling on about a new lego set he got. I'm trying my best to follow along but he just talks really fast. Plus I've been super tired recently trying to catch the Amber.

Whoever this supervillain chick is, she's really good. She's been robbing banks and weapon manufactures non-stop. I can usually stop her but she always ends up getting away. It's really annoying. Fury likes to call her my nemesis which I find really stupid. I'm not even a superhero, why should I have a nemesis?

Peter won't stop talking! It's starting to really agitate me. I mean he just goes on and on talking about toys! I can't stop myself before I say, "Can you just stop talking? You're being really annoying Peter!"

Peter's face makes me immediately regret what I said. He looks so hurt, oh god, I shouldn't have said that. It's not even true, he's just being himself talking about something he's passionate about. Before I can take back my words, Mrs. May starts class, giving me a look to stop talking. I look to my left to see Bucky, who definitely heard that whole conversation, he has a look of shock of his face. Before he can say anything, I focus back to the teacher, I'm too guilty and ashamed to talk to him.

——————————————————————————

As soon as class ends, Peter rushes out of the door. He must be absolutely pissed at me and I don't blame him. I can't believe I said that to one of my best friends. He doesn't deserve that.

My next class is gym where we are working with our partners for the first time since homecoming, meaning I have to work Bucky. And I really really don't want to.

I walk into gym class, trying to get myself ready to work with Bucky and to try to figure out away to apologize to Peter. I see Peter and immediately run up to him.

"Hey! I'm really really really sorry about what I said. You weren't being annoying, I've just been dealing with a lot and I took it out on you which isn't okay. And It's not an excuse for the way I acted. I'm sorry."

Peter looks at me, thinking, oh no he probably hates me now... I would.

"Y/n"

Am I going to lose one of my best friends?

"I forgive you. I understand going through rough stuff and just wanting to yell at the world. Thanks for apologizing."

How can someone be so precious? "You don't need to thank me, Peter. I did what I should've done. And thank you for forgiving me."

Peter gives me a sweet smile, "Cool cool cool cool cool... Can I give you a hug?"

I smile back, "Yeah of course." I hug Peter and it's honestly one of the best hugs I've ever had. I'm so lucky to have him as a friend.

Our hug gets interrupted by Coach Wilson yelling at us to get ready for partner stretches. I completely forgot about all of that. I fully brace myself and walk over to Bucky, knowing that i'll most likely completely ignore him.

"Hey Y/n-"

Bucky gets interrupted by one of the office ladies, Ms. Johnson, on the intercom, "Can we please have Y/n L/n sent to the front office? Make sure she brings her stuff as well."

Coach Wilson sighs, "Yeah fine, whatever.", he then looks to me, "You heard her, go to the front office."

I quickly run out of the gym, making sure to not make eye contact with Bucky. I change out of my gym clothes and grab my backpack, to start walking over to the front office.

I'm halfway there before I get pulled into an empty ...woodworking classroom? I don't really know but there are big machines in here. Does this school even have a woodworking class? Wait who pulled me in here!? I turn to see Loki?!