10 - Fury

Avengers POV (no one in particular)

"What.  the.  fuck.", Iron-Man says, while watching the guys,they were supposed to defeat, beat themselves up.

"I'm really confused right now...", Captain America adds.

"I vote we call Fury to sort this out so we don't have to deal with it.", Hawkeye says and earns a collective response of nods.

Y/n's POV

I run up into my apartment building smiling the whole way. Why? You might ask. Well it's because I just kicked some ass (for the first time in my life but we don't need to talk about that part).

The second I walk into my apartment my smile fades with a sigh. My whole house is a mess and my parents are running around frantically. This will be very interesting. "Mom, did you find the thingy you were looking for?" Stupid question. She obviously hasn't found it.

"No, we haven't but we should find it soon, just go up to your room please."

As I walk into my room I can feel my nervousness kick in. They aren't ever going to find that stupid important thing because I stole it and it's inside me! Wait that's gross. Ew. But seriously they aren't going to find it and it's not like I could tell them or they would definitely have to run test on me and probably see me as freak so I'm not going to risk it. But I do feel really bad about lying to my parents but if I don't something really bad could happen.

This is a bad situation but I'm going to do what I do best, ignore it and go to sleep.

——————————————————————————

It's now morning which means it's time for school which is great because I can go to do something and try not to focus on how I made a large group of armed men beat themselves up and the reason for that was because of a very important thing that my parents need. So, I'm actually excited to go to school, surprisingly.

——————————————————————————

I'm sitting in first period trying to pay attention to the lesson but everyone around me keeps passing each other notes. It's interesting to say the least considering some on the stuff on the notes.

Steve to Sam
SR:Can you stop ignoring Bucky?
SW:No. I cannot Steve. It's a matter of principle.
SR:How?
SW:He did something terrible, ok.
SR:Sure...

Nat to Wanda
N:Is Sam ok?
W:Nope, he's upset at Bucky for something.
N:What would that even be?
W:Sam literally won't say. It traumatized him too much ig

Flash to Y/n
F:Hey new girl wanna go out for coffee sometime?
yes! or yessssss!!!!!
Y/N:no.

Y/n to Mj
Y/N:Istg I'm going to scream
M:You probably shouldn't and I should probably ask you why. Soooo why?
Y/N:Flash just asked to get coffee with me. Ew. And Sam is super mad at Bucky and no-one knows why.
M:Just ask Bucky if you want to know why and push Flash into the trash can, both problems solved.

Y/n to Bucky
Y/N:Why is Sam plotting your murder?
B:He's mad cause I broke his steering wheel
Y/N:Wait. Sam has a car?
B:A toy car ,yes, a real car ,no.
Y/N:So Sam is mad at you because you broke his TOY car's steering wheel.
B:Yep
Y/N:That's amazing

As I'm handing Bucky the note, the intercom goes off for our classroom and the lady says, "Can you send  Y/n L/n to the office." I'm scared, "Also tell her to bring her stuff as well.", now I'm terrified.

I grab my stuff and head to the office. When I enter it's not the principle, it's a man with an eye patch, that kinda looks like Samuel L. Jackson.

"Ms. L/n, please sit."

As I drop my stuff, I sit down. "Where's the principle?"

"Busy. Now-"

"Hold on, you expect me to believe that she's just busy. My guess is that you did something very drastic, it's the only explanation for why you got her to leave a strange older man with a 16 year old girl alone in a room. Also ew."

"What. No. I would never- That's not what we are talking about right now.", he seems to already be frustrated, this should be fun.

"What are we talking about exactly? You kinda lost me after you said Ms. L/n.", I turn in the chair so on one armrest has my back resting on it and the other has my legs on it.

"That's the first thing I said."

"I know but it was just very formal."

The man sighs and starts talking again, "I'm Nick Fury, director of SHIELD." He pulls out a badge with a bird as the logo on it.

"Am I suppose to know what SHIELD is? Like I do know the basic meaning of a shield but I don't think it's something you can direct so obviously not that. Well actually it could be that if it was a really big shield, that would probably need a director, but I would probably just say manger instead. That's just how I feel but you might feel like-"

"Just stop talking. SHIELD stands for Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. It's a very-"

"That's mouthy, why don't you guys just say, 'we are shield because we protect people' and then you don't need an acronym for it."

"I will call Hill in here to get you to stop talking."

"Am I suppose to know what that means?", I ask and then place my feet on the desk."

He sighs again, "SHIELD is a very important agency, where we build heroes and would like you to be one."

"Wait, did you guys put together the Avengers?"

"Yes and we know about your special abilities. We would like to train you and you to join the team."

"So I would be an Avenger."

"Yes."

"Does that mean I get to know who they are?"

"No, of course not."

"Why not?"

"It's too dangerous and also they won't know who you are as well, no one will."

"I would usually probably say no to agreeing to join the Avengers but I'm feeling pretty adventurous today so sure."

"That did not seem very reliable."

"Yes, I'll join the Avengers."