14 - A dance?

Y/n's POV

It's been a month since I've moved and 3 weeks since I've became an avenger and things are amazing. I've been gaining close relationships with people on the team and my friends from school. Of course there's still that fear of my parents finding out that I have superpowers and I'm an Avenger because of a thing I stole from them but it's cool. It's also a little hard to be lying to my friends and family.

One thing I've noticed in these past couple weeks is that my sister is randomly leaving a lot more. My parents don't really notice considering they get home late and leave early. I see it though, she's been disappearing a lot more and staying wherever the hell she goes much longer. It would be kind of funny if she was an avenger like me but I highly doubt that.

Right now I'm patrolling around the city with the Winter Soldier. We're currently sitting on top of a skyscraper, making really dumb jokes but still watching the city below. Suddenly there's a car accident under us.

We immediately head towards the accident. Luckily it's not that fatal of a accident, unluckily it takes awhile and I'm definitely going to be late for school.

After everything was sorted out, I said goodbye to Winter Soldier and bolted. I almost forgot I was in my suit so I had to quickly stop in an alley and change into normal clothes. I then ran straight to school.

Bucky's POV

After patrol with Protector, I ended up late to school. Mr. Coulson wasn't a huge fan of that and gave me detention for after school today. I went to sit down, embarrassed and saw that Y/n wasn't here yet. I tap Steve on the shoulder to ask where she was.

"I don't know, but Y/n's been late a lot-", he got interrupted by Y/n running in the classroom.

"Sorry I'm late."

"Reason for being late?", Mr. Coulson asked.

"Uhh long line at the...coffee shop?", Definitely a lie but now I'm really curious on why she was actually late.

"Sure thing. Detention after school."

"Thanks.", I stifle a laugh at her response. It wasn't even that funny, so why did I laugh?

——————————————————————————

Y/n's POV

I got detention and I'm currently trying to figure out ways to avoid it with my lunch table. Loki gave a very interesting suggestion, "Stab the teacher, no teacher, no detention."

"How would I avoid jail in this situation? Also I'm concerned for your mental health."

"I like his idea."

"Mj! That's murder!", Steve adds.

"I know.", Mj sports a very concerning smile.

"Ok but I like Coulson.", I ignore the scary statement.

"Why would you like Mr. Coulson Y/n? He only gives out book work.", Sam questions me.

"Well maybe he's a secret agent and doesn't actually know how to teach but he's just here to watch us."

"I really don't think so.", Bucky says.

"Agreed-", Steve gets interrupted once again.

"Guys guess what!", Wanda says while running towards our table with Peter.

"What?!", Tony says in a mocking tone.

"I'm going to ignore that because......", Peter holds out the because until both him and Wanda say, "The homecoming dance is official for this year!!!"

Some of us were super happy about this but others weren't so thrilled. I'm honestly indifferent to this, because I've never even been to a dance.

"That's stupid.", Clint says.

"You say that for every dance."

"Yeah cause it's always stupid, Sam."

"Who hurt you?"

"Wait.", everyone looks over at me, "What are we even supposed to do for this?"

Wanda gasps, "Have you never been to a dance!?!"

"No, what's the big deal?"

"There is none.", Nat interjects.

"There's a huge deal! Dances are very important! Peter and I are both on the committee this year so it's just going to be extra amazing."

"What am I suppose to know? How to dance?", I say sarcastically.

"Yes! and so many other things."

"Wanda and I got you don't worry, you'll be dance ready!"

"I wasn't worried."

"Peter rhymed! Did no one just see that?!", Ned looks at Peter amazed.