21 - Deal

Peter's POV

I've been up all night on patrol, it was fun to watch over the city and make sure it's safe but one problem by doing that is that it's affecting my normal life. I've been tired and almost late a couple times, at least I didn't end up like Y/n and Bucky. Speaking of Y/n, she's been real suspicious of me lately which makes no sense whatsoever because I'm a great lair.

When Mrs. May sent me to the nurse, Y/n wouldn't believe me when I said it was because of insomnia. I honestly think that's more of a Y/n trust issues problem than a me lying problem because I'm great at lying. Well I'm usually am if we don't count the times Ned and Mj found out about my identity or when I tried to lie to Fury about the fact that they found out. I'm just happy he didn't wipe their memories, I saw that once in an old sci-fi movie.

Bucky's POV

After I told Y/n about knowing her identity she's been ignoring me and I really need to talk to her. After she got back from walking Peter to the nurse, I finally thought of a plan.

My plan's bulletproof, our next class is gym and we always have to work in partners so all I have to do is to just have her be my partner. Wait, how the hell am I going to do that?

——————————————————————————

It's currently the start of gym, time to set my plan into motion. I fully thought out the rest of it although. I just need to ask Steve to make sure no one asks Y/n to be her partner today.

I walk over towards Steve, "Hey, I got a favor to ask you."

"What's up, Buck?", he asks curiously.

"Can you make sure no one asks to be Y/n's partner today?"

"That's messed up, man.", he looks at me, disappointed.

"Wait! No! I meant so I could be her partner! I would never do that!", I quickly explain.

"Oh", he drags out the word for, what felt like, five minutes.

"What, punk?", I stare at him.

He smiles smugly, "Nothing. I'll make sure you will be her partner." He then walks away and goes to talk to Tony and Nat. They then go to talk to Sam and Wanda. It goes like that till the whole group, besides Y/n, knows. Everyone was giving me these weird smiles that made me uncomfortable, honestly.

"Alright, today we'll be working in partners. Go find the person you would like to work with.", Coach Wilson says to the class. Immediately I walk towards Y/n.

"Want to be my partner?", I ask her.

"Uh- maybe Nat needs a partner so I don't know?" We both look over at Nat to see her talking with Steve.

"I think she has one."

"Yeah but Wanda or Mj?"

I point out that they are being partners together, "I think they're good. So, partners?"

"Bucky-", Y/n gets interrupted by Flash trying to join the conversation.

"Hey Y/n, we're going to be working together, right?", Flash says while giving me a dirty look and then smirks at her, ugh.

"Actually Bucky is my partner.", Y/n grabs my arm and Flash walks away to go bother someone else.

"Ok so we are partners, today?"

She sighs, "Yes."

Coach Wilson starts to speak about the lesson plan which I couldn't care less about until he said his last line, "Also these will be your partners for the rest of year."

Y/n's POV

Ok, so I'm now working with the person I've been trying to avoid and we are stuck like this for the rest of the school year. At least it's not Flash.

"So, we start with sit ups, right?", I ask him and he just nods in response.

While we get in the formation, he's holding my feet down while I start this horrid exercise.

"So...", Bucky starts.

"So.", I reply plainly while I'm up on my 3rd sit up.

"...You know I'm not going to tell anyone, right?"

Oh thank god.

I give him a small smile, "Appreciate it." He then smiles back at my words.

"I could help you actually."

"And how would you do that?"

"I could help you keep your secret or help you train.", he looks at me.

"I'm done.", I state, standing up.

"What- Did I upset you?! I'm so sorry-"

I quickly interrupt him, "No! With the sit ups, dumbass."

"Oh", he says with some heat raising in his cheeks and I couldn't help but to laugh at his reaction to which he then laughs.

"It's your turn.", I sit down and wait for him.

"Right.", he then gets into position and starts doing sit ups.

While he's eye level with me he says, "So am I helping you with... you know... hero stuff?"

"As long as you don't tell anyone or get yourself in danger then I don't see no problem with it. But you better keep yourself safe!" I don't know how I'm going to keep this from fury but I can always try. And I swear if Bucky gets hurt because of this, I won't be able to forgive myself. That's why he better not or I'll kill him.

"Deal."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

A/N: I know this took a while, sorry! But if you did enjoy this chapter please hit the star button!