Chapter 5: Falsely Accused and strained relationship

Luka POV

After dropping of one final delivery, I decided to make my way back home until I received a call from Marinette.

"Melody?" I asked.

"Luka, can we talk?" Marinette asked. He voice sounded cracked.

"Uh yeah? Where are you?" I asked.

"At the police station." She replied.

"Ok. I'm on my way." I said and peddled my bike towards the police station. I saw a group of police cars. As I entered the interrogation room and sat on the chair, I could see that Marinette's father Tom was glaring at me. My mother and sister were holding hands and flashing a concerned look at me.

"What's going on here?" I asked.

"I'll tell you what's going on. You sexually assaulted our daughter!" Tom shouted.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What are you talking about? I went to work after I finished from school. I never went to your daughter's house." I replied.

"Luka, please. Just tell us the truth." His wife, Sabine, replied. She was hugging a sobbing Marinette.

"Mr and Mrs Dupain--Cheng. Please. You have to believe me. I didn't try to rape your daughter." I said calmly.

"We'll do a fingerprint scan and a lie detection test." Said one of the police officers.

15 minutes later.

The police officers performed their tests and were shocked by the results. While my fingerprints matched the one they found on Marinette's window sill, the lie detector said I was telling the truth.

"So, what now? We can't arrest him." The police officer said with a frown.

"We'll just make him sign a restraining order." His partner shrugged.

A restraining order? I thought.

 After making the Dupain-Cheng, my mother and sister and I sign the restraining, we parted ways. I tried to ignore the death glare of Tom. Juleka brought me to one side.

"I think this is wrong. I know you would never do that to Marinette, Luka." She said.

"You might. But the others would think differently. Not to mention, Marinette's parents probably want to kill me. Well, maybe just her dad." I replied.

"I'll try to talk it over with the others. They'll know what to do." She said.

"Thanks, Jules." I said with a smile.

I just hope that things don't get worse. I thought.