Chapter 13: The Truth and conciliation

Cassie POV

I regained consciousness and found myself lying on a futon, wearing a gown. My arms, torso and forehead were covered in bandages. 

"Cassie. You're awake." Andy exclaimed as he held my hand. My kwami, Sahara floated next to him. His cheek had a plaster on it.

"Andy. I-." I tried to talk but my brother shook his head.

"I know you're Scorpio." He said, holding up my scorpion bracelet. 

I lowered my head in shame.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you but-" I said.

"You didn't want me to worry, I know. But I did. The times you weren't at home. I thought something bad happened to you." Andrew said.

 I looked away, ashamed of keeping my brother in the dark about my secret.

"Mama was La escorpión before me. When I found out her secret, I trained for months to prepare for my career and avenge her by bringing El Diablo to justice." I mumbled.

"But if it wasn't for you, El Diablo would've conquered the whole of Mexico. So, I'm proud of you. And I'm sure our parents will be proud of you too, Cas." Andrew said with a smile. He ruffled my hair.

"Thanks, Bro." I said with a grin. 

A week passed by and we've recovered from our wounds. But the public started to have second thoughts about Ladybug and her squad. Even The Mayor. During my walk to school, I saw Isaac sitting in his usual spot, reading a book. I walked over and sat next to him.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi." He said glumly. His black eyes shone with defeat and his red tinted hair gently blew against the wind. His goggles hung around his neck along with his silver heart pendent. We sat in silence for a while.

"So, my brother found out I'm Scorpio." I said.

"How did he take it?" Isaac asked.

"Relatively well, if you ask me. He won't tell anyone. I know he won't." I replied.

"Still, I wonder why Chat Blanc hasn't blurted out that Ladybug is Marinette." He said.

"Maybe he wants to announce it after he beats us. In a month, he's going to return." I said.

Isaac sighed and brushed his hand against his ear cuff.

"I think we really need to start practicing our powers. I found out that I could predict my opponents moves. Guess my overconfidence must've messed it up." He chuckled bitterly.

I nodded and leaned against his shoulder.

"So much for bouncing back." Isaac muttered.

His phones rang. He answered.

"Yeah, Luka?" He asked.

"It's Fu. He wants to talk to us after school." Luka said.

"Yeah. We'll be there." Isaac said and hung up.

"We're gonna need all the hope we can get." I said.

"A little bit of hope is a hell of a lot better than no hope." Isaac replied.