Chapter 9: The meeting between The Ladybug and The Spider

Marinette POV

Things went from bad to worse. 

Upside, we managed to convince the police to drop the restraining order, thanks to Alya recording the entire conversation between us and Adrien.

Downside, Ladybug and her squad, mainly Crimson Web, received major backlash from Lt Roger and the Mayor for being simple minded and naïve. The public started having second thoughts about Crimson Web and Ladybug.

As for Isaac, the school started acting cold towards him, no thanks to Sabrina, who seamed happy that Isaac was constantly getting picked on. It got to a point were Isaac started losing his temper and walked out off the school. We rarely spoke due to the incident.

At night, I was getting some homework done until I heard a tap on my window. I saw Isaac in his Crimson Web attire and let him inside.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

Isaac sighed and removed his mask, revealing a disheartened face and his dishevelled red tinted hair.   

"Everyone hates my guts after what happened. It's my fault that the Lt of the police is in a coma. Sure, some still don't blame me for it. But the rest are just waiting for me to retire." He said, leaning against the wall.

"Well, I don't hate you. Nor does the squad." I replied.

"Oh yeah. Well, it's only a matter of time before they start rooting for the villains." Isaac said bitterly.

"Jackie and Andrew only had minor injuries. Not that it helped, but they're still alive." I said.

Isaac sighed and ruffled his hair.

"Look, I'm sorry I dragged you all into this. If only I asked Malik and Chloe to go on patrol instead of us, then none of this would've happened." He said.

"Hey, c'mon. This isn't the first time I got backlash from the public. My first time as Ladybug, the police didn't trust me because I didn't capture the akuma. Paris almost got ruined. But, Chat Noir and I bounced back and gained their trust. We'll come back from this. I know we will." I said with a smile.

Isaac smirked.

"I can see why Luka likes you." 

I blushed at his comment.

"I'd better go. I'm still doing patrol, despite what the cops say. But you're right. We'll bounce back from this. But we'll need some help from Master Fu." He said as he tugged on his mask and made his way to the balcony.

With one final salute, he swung into the distance.

I sighed and looked at the street of Paris.

We'll bounce back from this. We just have to. I thought.