Chapter 7: The reveal and the ambush

Isaac POV

I landed on the roof of a building and gazed at the night sky. The bitter winter wind brushed against my jumpsuit and mask.

"Geez. At this rate, I'm gonna freeze to death." I muttered, shivering from the cold.

"Hey, this was your idea, Ike." Nino said with a smirk.

"Ha ha. Very funny." I replied sarcastically.

My friends and I waited on top of the rooftops for Luka 2.0, while the real Luka waited in the alleyway. After few hours, and multiple cups of coffee because of the cold, we saw fake Luka. His red eyes shone with excitement.

"Bullseye. We got him." Cassie exclaimed.

"Luka, we got fake Luka. He's heading your way." I said in my earpiece.

Luka POV

"Got it." I replied in my earpiece and hid behind a bin with Marinette.

"I hope this works. Because I need an excuse to prevent my father from hurting you." Marinette said, tugging her scarf.

"You and me both, Melody." I said.

We peeked over the bin and saw my doppelganger heading towards us. He looked around and pulled out a red ruby. The same ruby we saw during our last encounter. The ruby turned red, causing his body to shift into Adrien.

"Gotta, you bastard!" I shouted and blocked his path. Isaac and the others blocked the exit and surrounded him.

"Should've thought twice before shape shifting, Agreste." Alya said, waving her phone.

"Not to mention you breaking out of jail. Now who helped you?" Isaac demanded, pointing his web shooter at Adrien.

Adrien smirked at us and shrugged.

"And if I don't comply?" He asked.

Isaac grabbed him by the collar and rammed him into the wall.

"Don't waste our time, Agreste!" He growled.

"Isaac, no!" Cassie exclaimed, holding his arm.

"Yes, Isaac. You'd better listen to your girlfriend. Unless you want to be akumatized again like last time." Adrien taunted.

Isaac's eyes flashed red as he pressed his forearm against Adrien's neck. I placed a hand on Isaac.

"Isaac, as much as I want this guy dead, I think you need to calm down and let me handle this." I said in a calm tone.

Isaac's eyes slowly turned black as he released Adrien, who gasped for breath.

"Didn't think you had a temper behind that snarky exterior, Ike." Adrien chuckled.

"Why did you frame Luka, Adrien?" Marinette asked.

"To try to sever the bond between you all. And my group and I will be able to take you down once and for all." Adrien replied proudly.

"Too bad you failed." Cassie answered.

"True, but you won't stop the next one." Adrien said.

"What do you mean?" Juleka asked.

As if to answer her question, a wave of energy knocked us off our feet. In front of Adrien stood a man in a large suit  of armour. 5 more people joined the large man, all in suits of armour. Adrien turned into Chat Blanc. 

"Now if you don't mind, I'm going to pay a certain blonde haired woman a visit. I think you already know, Spider boy. Ciao." Adrien said and scaled the wall.

"Oh crap! Jackie!" Isaac gasped.

"Go! We'll handle them!" Cassie said, unsheathing her whip.

Though hesitant about leaving us, Isaac nodded and followed Chat Blanc. We quickly pulled out our weapons and prepared ourselves for a fight.

"Get ready!" Marinette shouted, twirling her yo-yo.