bookstore

"you're here before i am, that's new." akaashi said when he walked through the door. "why are you standing?"

"coffee." y/n handed him the cup of coffee. "now let's go." her hand latched onto his jacket sleeve and pulled him out the door.

"where are we going?" he asked and let her lead him and then he realized how bad of an idea that was. he's never been anywhere that wasn't the coffee shop with her and now he's just letting her walk him like a dog.

"you'll love this place." was all she said. "hopefully. you bought you laptop and writing things right?"

"yes."

"good."

apparently, akaashi's writing didn't make it as obvious as bokuto made it seem that the main focus of the book was y/n so she didn't find out. akaashi didn't know if he should be relieved about that or displeased.

"will you tell me where we're going?" akaashi asked after another two minutes of her holding onto his jacket and walking with him being dragged behind her.

"no."

"great." akaashi took a sip of his coffee and took the sunglasses from the top of y/n's head so he could wear them himself.

"hey!" she had stopped walking and turned around, narrowing her eyes at her glasses that were now covering his eyes.

"you weren't wearing them, i had to put them into good use." he shrugged and placed his pointer finger on her cheek to turn her head back around.

"i want them back later." she said before walking in front of him again. this time she didn't hold onto his jacket sleeve and akaashi glanced down at it before looking back at her.

"i could just walk off right now and you wouldn't know." he spoke up and y/n gave him a look over her shoulder. he just smiled sweetly at her before she grabbed onto his jacket again.

"maybe i'll bring a leash with me next time." she made a turn that nearly made akaashi spill his coffee. "do you want a collar to match with that?"

"i know i told you i wrote romance books, but not that type of books." akaashi grinned when she slapped him on the arm. "sorry to disappoint."

"aren't they technically stories?" she asked and stopped in front of a store, digging into her pocket for her keys.

"i have physical copies of my books on my shelves." akaashi informed her. "i just never cared enough to publish them."

"well if you ever do publish a book one day tell me and we can get your copies right on our shelves." y/n let go of akaashi's jacket again but this time he didn't complain. he was too busy looking around the place she just led him into. "my dad's bookstore."

"it's beautiful." akaashi took off the sunglasses to get a better look at the store while y/n turned the lights on. "this is your dad's store? he made this?" he could feel so many ideas flying into his mind from this bookstore after the first glance.

"yes. this place has been here ever since i was two. i was raised being surrounded by stacks of books and shelves everywhere. and the piano. both my parents loved the piano, i was certain they were strategizing a way to fit one in here." she fixed a few books on the front table that were out of place. "but we don't have the biggest store so they couldn't."

despite the bookstore have two floors, it wasn't a massive building. just enough to fit in a dozen bookshelves on the first floor and then a few tables and chairs on the second with few more bookshelves.

the bookstore. that was one of the prettiest and coziest place i've ever been if i'm being honest with you. however, there was one thing that stood out from all the books and decorations in the store. that was you. the owner's daughter, you just.. fit into the scene like you belonged there. it was almost too perfect.. you were too perfect..