want and need

y/n didn't know where to go first, but she wanted to get out of her clothes. her sweater and pants weren't the best choices of attire for the rain.

she didn't- couldn't- keep akaashi's coat. not after all of that news was put onto her. she didn't want to choose, not for him. she didn't want to be the reason he stayed behind and lose an opportunity to grow his career.

she had to let him go even if she wanted him to stay.

the umbrella. she contemplated keeping his umbrella. it was the first thing he gave her on the first day they met. but that was also dropped onto the floor of his apartment with his coat.

now she was left with no hints of akaashi on her. just the lingering feeling of his kiss against her skin. his words floating around in her mind. the sound of his laugh running through her mind. the image of his smile playing inside her head like a movie.

she wanted to erase every memory of him from her mind but at the same time, she wanted to keep it in a box, lock it, and never let the memories slip from her mind.

it wasn't long before she managed to get to her apartment. konoha was sitting at the table and was immediately on his feet when she walked inside.

however, she walked to her room and locked herself inside, changing out of her wet clothes to dry ones.

then she just closed her eyes and slept.

~~~

"konoha, come on." was the first thing she heard when she woke up. "five minutes, it's all i need."

"no, man, she came home crying and soaking wet and freezing cold." y/n sat up and walked to her bedroom door.

"i just need five minutes. or less, just let me talk to her." she debated on whether she should leave her room and go approach him.

"she's sleeping."

"can you tell me when she wakes up then?"

"that's up to her." y/n walked out of her room but lingered by the turn of the hallway, keeping herself away from the doorway view.

konoha turned his head and his eyes moved to the spot she was hidden behind. "give me a few sec." he closed the door and walked over to the hallway. "you wanna talk to him?" she didn't answer that.

on one hand, she wanted to talk to him, hug him, and kiss him again more than anything. but on the other hand, she knew if she looked into his eyes, she would be asking him to stay with her and she couldn't do that to him.

"he looks like he'll wait out there until you speak with him." she looked up at konoha and raised her eyebrows. "not saying it to guilt you. just telling you." he raised his hands up in the air.

"stay in your room." she told him before walking to the door. konoha followed her words and she didn't approach the door until she heard his door shut.

she placed her hand over the door handle and started thinking over the decision. she left him first. she dropped his coat and umbrella without another word to him.

but he did come after her.

with one turn of the handle, the door was open.

akaashi was leaning against the doorway when she opened the door and immediately stood up straighter when she opened the door. he was wearing the same clothes from earlier and his hair was a lot messier.