dancing in the dark

"i usually hate these things because i come here alone." y/n admitted and picked up a tall glass. "but now it's bearable because you're here."

"yeah?" akaashi had his head propped in his hand while he kept his eyes on her while she talked, never moving away once.

"it's so much better with you here. i usually leave once i congratulate kaede because she has her girlfriend and mom and dad have each other."

"it's fun being here with you." his hand reached up to her face and she paused, the words seemed to drift away from her mind once his hand touched her skin. "keep talking." the tip of his pointer finger tapped on her nose before the same finger captured an eyelash from her cheek.

"oh uh.. i.. you talk. i wanna hear you talk too. i'm probably just talking to much." she took another long sip of her drink that akaashi knew contained some type of alcohol.

"you know what you're drinking right?" he checked and dropped his hand down to her knee, slipping it under the material of the red dress. he didn't move it any higher, just settling it at her knee.

"yes." y/n tipped the glass in his direction. "want some?" his eyes zeroed in on the lipstick stain that was left where her mouth was.

"i don't think so." he pushed her hand back down and scooted his chair closer to hers.

"i don't want to drink either then." y/n placed the tall glass back down on the table and moved closer to akaashi who was moving his finger around in random shapes and letters against her knee.

"you can drink, darling. i'll take care of you tonight." he reassured her. "but i'm also not pressuring you to drink."

"will you take care of me in the morning to? and at night?" y/n's eyes were looking down at his hand that was still moving under her dress.

"if you allow me."

"what would my parents think of you with your hand under my dress like this?" she asked and akasshi held back a laugh.

"that i'm the perfect match for their daughter."

"which daughter?" akasshi was definitely more amused with this than he should be.

"probably the daughter i'm at this banquet for and sitting next to with my hand on her knee." he answered and waited for her next response.

"probably? you're not even sure?" she gasped and he had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing. "do you want to dance?" she changed the topic and stood up. "i'm tired of sitting." her hand was held out in front of him as an invitation.

akaashi didn't enjoy dancing in events like this however he placed his hand in hers and let her take him anywhere she wanted.

y/n lead him out in the middle of the dance floor since the onlookers would have a harder time watching them with the surrounding couples around them.

one of akaashi's arms wrapped around her waist and he pulled her closer to him, their hands still together. "you can dance can't you?" he asked her, lowering his voice slightly so only she could hear him.

"my sister was graced with the dancing and graceful genes. i've inherited the clumsy and just wing it genes." she answered while akasshi slowly began to move and take the lead. "sorry." she winced when she stepped her heel onto akasshi's foot.

"it's fine." he let her go to spin her around once before bringing her back into his arms. akaashi looked down and watched as her dress was moving along with her movements. every time she spun around her dress moved with her.

y/n's head tilted back to laugh at the same time and she looked so happy. akasshi ended up letting her lead the dance while he would spin her around and move with her whenever she wanted.