akaashi's letters

y/n was a mess.

but at the same time, she felt more complete than she has in months. she had finished akaashi's book and got his letters.

she hadn't read them yet though. she didn't know if she was ready to. would they be some type of closure or one of those i miss you letters?

whichever one it was, she was terrified of it. but she knew she had to open them eventually. she couldn't keep carrying a massive envelope of unopened letters and akaashi's book in her bag.

so that's what she was going to do.

she was sitting on a park bench and the envelope was on her lap. it was still light out but she knew the sun was starting to set.

her finger slid under the flap of the envelope and dragged it across. once the envelope was open, she reached in and pulled out the bundle of letters. there were multiple sheets of paper with the same neat cursive written on each one.

attached to the sheets of paper was a sticky note. every sheet of paper had one sticky note.

y/n looked at the first sheet of paper and read the colored square stuck onto it.

the day you met bokuto

she moved the sticky note to the top of the paper and started to read the actual letter, her hands slightly shaking either from the cold or the letters that akaashi had written to her. or both.

you were so easy to write about. once i got one sentence down the rest flooded out of me, not even thinking about it before i typed. you were so... mesmerizing. there was just something about you that i just had to write about and couldn't stop.

she reread the words at least five times before finally processing the words in her head. the memory of her meeting bokuto that one night at the coffee shop played back in her head.

that was only the third time she ran into akaashi after they first met. he only saw her for around fifteen minutes the two previous times and he thought that she was mesmerizing? not wasting another second, y/n started to read the rest of the letters.

the day you took me to the bookstore.
the bookstore. that was one of the prettiest and coziest place i've ever been if i'm being honest with you. however, there was one thing that stood out from all the books and decorations in the store. that was you. the owner's daughter, you just.. fit into the scene like you belonged there. it was almost too perfect.. you were too perfect..

when i think i started catching feelings for you.
i never knew someone could look so focused on something until i saw how engaged you were in your drawing. to most people you would probably look like you were just a person drawing with a man sitting next to her. to me, you were this wonderful and beautiful girl with creativity flooding out of you with no end and doing something she loved. me.. sitting across from you.

you were like a blooming flower in the middle of winter, ignoring everything around you and letting yourself grow in your own way. maybe that's what got me so interested in you. it was like a ray of sunshine sitting next to this.. cloud. i just know you're going to laugh about me calling myself a cloud but that's not the point. i could sit and write about you forever and never run out of things to write about.

when i knew i started catching feelings for you.
i knew from the moment you said that i was in deep trouble. your words had impacted me more than you realized. you couldn't feel my heartbeat and how fast it was or the mess inside my head when i tried not to say something stupid to embarrass myself. it was quite scary to feel like that to someone i've only met around five times, but it just felt right. you felt right. at that moment, i knew i would've let you read all of my writing the second you asked. i would've given you anything you asked at that moment and i still think i'm crazy for that.