fancy napkins

y/n was sitting on the counter in front of the bookstore with her sketchbook on her lap and a pen in her hand. there was a small pile of crumpled up sheets of paper on the floor next to her and an empty pen along with it.

it's been two weeks since the day at akaashi's apartment. she's never craved someone's company until now. she's never missed someone as much as she was missing akaashi in the moment.

hence, her loss of inspiration for drawing.

for as long as she's known akaashi, her sketchbook pages has been filled with him. him sitting in front of her at the coffee shop, him reading a book at the bookstore, him smiling, anytime she found herself with a pen in her hand, she found herself drawing him.

the others that managed to slip into her book were pictures of kaede that her dad had managed to take, a random street that she was at the other week, emika reading in the kitchen while waiting to kenji to come home, and other things that were in her life.

"i'm heading home." kenji announced and pulled his coat on. "you mind closing up?" he walked over to his daughter and looked down at the little pile she made on the floor.

"yeah sure. say hi to mom for me."

"alright. see you later, kiddo." he put the piles of paper into the trash can before leaving.

"thank you!" y/n called out before he shut the door. her eyes returned to the blank page. she had tried painting yesterday and found herself using colors that reminded her of akaashi, specifically, his eyes.

she stayed in the exact spot for another hour, building up another pile of paper on the floor. the only time y/n looked away from the sketchbook was when her phone lit up.

konoha: hey where are u?

y/n: bookstore

konoha: oh cool, sending u over a present

y/n: a present?

konoha: yup, have fun, bye

y/n: wait

y/n: come back

konoha didn't answer after that and he left her with a string of questions. it was ten minutes of light music playing in the background and her pen scratching against the paper before the silence broke.

the door opened and y/n immediately swung her legs over to get ready to run. her hands clutched onto her sketchbook. it was her only defensive weapon at the moment.

all thoughts left her mind when the familiar blue eyes met hers. "hi. konoha sent me." akaashi smiled and he glanced down at the book she was holding. "were you going to hit me with that?"

"not anymore." she dropped it back onto the counter and walked over to akaashi. his arms opened once she approached him and she let herself fall into his arms.

when she tried to pull away she only held on tighter and refused to let go. "hello." he pressed his lips to the top of her head before she pulled away.      

"what are you doing here?" y/n leaned down to pick up her sketchbook and go clean up the small pile of paper.

"i went over to your place to go see you and rin, but then, of course, the one time i actually go to your house and not the coffee shop or here, you weren't home." he leaned against the counter and pulled his jacket off. "what are you doing here so late anyway?"

"i didn't feel like leaving yet."

"you should've locked the front door at least. it's late at night." y/n went back onto the counter while akaashi moved over between her legs, his head falling to her shoulder while his back was facing her.