hiding spot

and they took their time.

days turned into nights, nights turned into days, days turned into weeks, and the two people slowly fell back into their normal routine.

stopping by the coffee shop in hopes that the other would be there and hanging out for a few extra minutes just in case.

despite falling back into their old ways, it didn't mean that all was forgotten. y/n went to bed every night wondering if this was going to last. was he going to pack up and leave again? she couldn't go through that again. she wouldn't.

"you're just standing there and it's giving me the perfect opportunity to pay for your coffee." a hand latched onto her waist and pulled her back against a chest.

"not a chance." she pulled out the money in her pocket and placed it on the counter. akaashi let go of her waist and she wanted it back, but stayed quiet.

akaashi had been very cautious with touching her. the most he's done was wrap his arm around her waist, but that was because there was a busy crowd. he would wrap his pinky around hers and hold her hand, nothing more than that.

she knew he was holding back because he was unsure of her thoughts towards his touch, however she was slowly becoming restless. sure, she was the one in control of the pace of their... relationship, she didn't know what to call that either.

"thank you. i have to make a new list of things to give you to pay you back for all this coffee." he took a sip of the drink while walking out of the shop. today was going to be his first day back at the bookstore. 

he's been nervous ever since y/n bought up the idea, on the other hand he was excited to see the older couple again. they were so welcoming and he missed their friendliness.

"they'll act like they're mad at you." y/n explained. "but they missed their highest buying customer." she pulled out a pair of sunglasses and placed them over her eyes to block out the sun.

that sent a wave of deja vu over her.

"great." akaashi took a sip of his coffee and took the sunglasses from the top of y/n's head so he could wear them himself.

"hey!" she had stopped walking and turned around, narrowing her eyes at her glasses that were now covering his eyes.

"you weren't wearing them, i had to put them into good use." he shrugged and placed his pointer finger on her cheek to turn her head back around.

"are they mad?"

"well, maybe a little, but not a lot."

"should i bring anything?" in thought y/n suggested for him to bring chocolate for emika, they both decided against that. akaashi didn't want it to look like he was bribing for her to like him again.

"money because i will let you pay for books." she bumped her shoulder against his.

"got my wallet ready to be emptied." he patted his pocket where the wallet was. y/n looked down at the movement before back up at his face.

they turned the corner to where the bookstore was and akaashi stopped when they were outside the building.

"come on." y/n grabbed onto akaashi jacket and dragged him inside. the warmth of the bookstore was a change from the chilly air outside.

kenji and emika were standing at the front counter and it looked like kenji was saying things to make emika frustrated or annoyed because she was glaring at her husband. kenji, on the other hand, had a full blown grin on his face at his wife's exasperation.