painting kisses

akaashi was waiting on the sidewalk with an envelope in his hand while he waited for y/n. his shoes kicked against the pavement and he anxiously flipped the paper in his hand back and forth.

right when he was about to turn around, someone covered his eyes with their hands and rested their chin on his shoulder. "guess who?"

"seven billion people in the world and i have to guess one?" akaashi asked. "however will i guess correctly?" he put the envelope into his pocket.

"take a wild guess."

"i have a better idea." one of akaashi's hands had closed over y/n's waist and he tugged her in front of him with one swift movement. her hands had fallen from his eyes and he took that opportunity to look at her properly.

"oh wow." y/n dropped her hands on his chest and looked at him in surprise. "that was kind of smooth."

"thank you." he ducked his head down to kiss her softly before pulling away and reaching for her pinky with his own.

y/n was trying her best to keep up with all of akaashi's moves from him pulling her to his chest, kissing her, and then the pinky all in a span of a less than a minute.

"are we walking?" akaashi asked and took a step forward for her to follow after him. "and do you want me to carry that?" he nodded towards her bag that she was carrying.

"yes to walking and no to the bag. i've got it." y/n wrapped her pinky tighter around his. "thank you for the offer though."

"of course." he pulled her closer to him and pressed his lips against her temple. "where are we going?"

"you wrote the scene that i've taken inspiration." she stated. "i don't think it takes a genius to figure it out."

"i know that, but i'm curious." akaashi bumped her hip with the back of his hands. "tell me, i can't wait that long."

"no way." y/n opened her bag and pulled out a thermos. "here." he reached for the thermos and opened it.

"coffee?"

"since we didn't stop by the shop for it." she shrugged. "thought you would want some." akaashi held the bottle in his other hand, refusing to open it so he wouldn't have to use his other hand. he found comfort in holding her pinky.

the two of them walked to an empty field next to a lake and stopped in front of a spot that y/n already laid out for them. a picnic blanket on the ground and a painting easel on it with other painting supplies.

"wow." akaashi stayed behind while y/n continued walking forwards and sat down on the blanket. he admired the scene in front of him, the setup, and her.

the sight of you right there with such a pretty landscape along with you will forever be engraved in my mind. the field and lake had nothing on you though. you surpass everything and you have to be the prettiest thing i've ever seen. i find myself thinking that a lot, but trust me that i'm not lying. with the sun shining above you and the water sparkling, none of those could compare to you. you're my own light and there's nothing but darkness without you by my side.

"i didn't want to go all out but i didn't want to make it seem like i didn't put any effort, so i settled with this." she looked back at akaashi and he wished he had a camera to capture this moment with.

"it's perfect." he sat down next to her and brushed his fingers against her cheek. "you're so perfect, you know that?"

"i am not." she denied but smiled at his words.

"you are in my eyes." he pulled away and pulled his book out of his bag. he opened up to a page and y/n noticed that he hadn't removed any of her sticky notes. they were all there and he simply just lifted it up to read the words under them before going back to read what she wrote on the colored square.