eleven days

y/n and akaashi didn't see each other for another week and four days. both of their schedules were busy and they hardly had time to sit and wait at a coffee shop.

akaashi was busy writing and sending emails to different publishers. after going through his previous books that he never released or tried to send for anyone but bokuto to read, akaashi decided maybe he could try and get one published.

he's been rewriting it to remove some things and add things before sending the manuscript in. he wasn't as satisfied with it to the point he hoped, but he still had time. he had to actually find a publishing company that wanted him, for starters.

he went to the coffee shop a few times during the eleven days, hoping to see y/n. he knew he could've gone to the bookstore but he never had the time and didn't want to seem clingy. she was never at the coffee shop, but if he had stayed for two minutes longer he would've seen her.

during those eleven days the two of them almost ran into each other three times. once when akaashi walked out of the store and y/n was just around the corner but stopped when she saw a cat on the sidewalk. second when y/n was in the bathroom when akaashi walked into the store and left after. and third when akaashi and y/n were both walking to the store but got sidetracked by two different things causing them to walk in different directions.

it wasn't until the twelveth day that the two ran into each other again. akaashi was standing outside the coffee shop and was about to enter when someone jumped onto his back, arms and legs wrapping around his body.

"akaashi! guess what?" he turned his head and he smiled when he saw y/n there.

"hello to you too."

"one of my paintings is being showcased in an art show!" she announced proudly. "someone came by the store yesterday and was interesting in it and asked if i wanted to be in his art show where he discovered small artists! he wanted me, my art to be shown!"

"holy shit, that's great!" akaashi grabbed her sunglasses before they could fall off her head and held onto her legs so she wouldn't fall. "when's the show?"

"in two months or something, he gave me his business card if i ever needed to contact him." y/n took out her phone and turned it around so the back was facing up. inside her phone case was the business card along with a picture of her and her sister.

"i think you deserve some coffee bought by akaashi keiji now." he said when he opened the door with her still on his back. he absolutely loved how comfortable she was getting with him to run up and jump on him in the middle of the sidewalk.

"i guess so.. but the second your book gets out i'm buying you coffee and all the food in the display case." y/n let akaashi lower her down in a chair. she didn't bring her bag with in due to her being in a rush to get to the coffee shop. she didn't even know if akaashi would've been there, but she didn't care. she would've waited hours for him if she had to.

"you would be waiting for a while." akaashi placed his stuff down on the chair across from her and walked up to the front.

"i can wait." she replied when he got back. "i'm a patient person or at least i think i am."

"i'm thinking of publishing one of my old books instead of the one i'm working on." akaashi explained and took a sip of his coffee.