pouring rain

"are you sure you know where you're going?" akaashi asked and looked over at bokuto who was driving the car. "we're going to get lost like last time?"

"put some faith into me. i know what i'm doing." bokuto was holding a bottle of water in one hand while making a sharp turn with the other.

"if you put both hands on the steering wheel i'll be more assured." akaashi leaned back against the car seat and looked out the window.

he was bored and it's been whole week since he's seen y/n. he stopped by the coffee shop everyday in the morning in hopes that she would be there but she wasn't. he didn't want to go by the bookstore in case she would find him clingy or desperate for his attention even though he was and craved time with her more than anything.

"you look so bored." bokuto said with a glance at his best friend. "are you okay?"

"yeah. just a little tired." he did stay up almost all night writing and rewriting and then reading what he wrote before rewriting it again.

"you can take a nap."

"we're gonna be there in two minutes, bokuto." akasshi pointed out and reached for the coffee cup that was empty.

"i'll drop you off in the front and you go inside." bokuto turned the car into the parking lot and stopped at the front. "shoo." akaashi opened the door and got out of the car. "see you inside!"

akaashi walked into the lobby with a empty coffee cup, his hair no where near neat, black sweatpants, and a blue crewneck sweatshirt with sneakers. and he was living off two hours of sleep so he was guessing he didn't look so flattering right now.

he leaned against the elevator and leaned his head back against the wall with his eyes closed while it went up. he could've fallen asleep right then and there but the elevator opened up and he had to get out. 

right when he was about to knock on the door, it flew open and akasshi nearly fell inside. "a warning would've been nice." he mumbled and looked up at his friend.

"dude. do you want me to make you some coffee?" akinori konoha questioned when he saw him.

"can you?" akaashi asked and walked over to the sofa, laying down on his chest and burying his face in the pillow.

"yeah. let me put on a shirt though. i was expecting you guys to be late again." konoha said and walked towards his room but kept the door open.

"i'm pretty sure bokuto was speeding." akasshi said and listened to konoha's closet door close and him knocking on a door.

one of akaashi's arms were hanging off the side of the sofa and he felt something brush against it. he looked down to find a cat curling itself around his arm and purring.

"cute cat." he murmured to himself and let the cat do its thing. he just wanted to take a nap.

konoha came back out to the living room and had a black shirt on. "is bokuto coming up soon? i can make him coffee too." akasshi looked out the window and saw that it was nearly dark.

"he's parking the car." akasshi eyed the cat for another few seconds before looking around the room. "who's book is that? i didn't think you read." he looked down at the book that was sitting on the table with the tv remote shoved in the pages to keep the spot.

"my roommate's." konoha grabbed four mugs from the top cupboard.

"who's your roommate?"

"konoha, where's my jacket? the blue on with the one white flower on the pockets." akaashi sat up instantly when he heard the all too familiar voice, his fatigue disappearing within seconds. "last i saw it you were wear- akaashi?"