pinky promise

the party was over and now it was just mostly the older ones hanging out on the first floor while akaashi and y/n were in her old bedroom upstairs along with kaede and emi in kaede's room.

akaashi was back in either daiki or kenji's t-shirt and sweatpants and had a towel around his neck after taking a shower.

y/n took a quick shower and was laying on her stomach on the bed with her legs crossed in the air. the book was open in front of her and she had highlighters lined up on the bed and sticky notes ready to be used. and a black pen.

"how's it going?" akaashi asked and adjusted the sweatpants waistband a little.

"i thought this was going to be so much easier than it actually is." y/n didn't even look up at him when he sat down next to her. "but when you don't know what word or words you're looking for it's a bit complicated."

"that's a point." akaashi's hand lightly grazed against her leg and that made her look back at him. akaashi let his eyes roam over her body shamelessly. an oversized t-shirt that barely covered her thighs and a pair of pajama shorts along with fluffy socks on her feet.

"you're distracting me." she mumbled before turning forward and trying to focus on her book and word searching. akaashi let out a light hum and slid his fingers further up her leg before pulling away completely.

he sat with his back against the headboard and looked around the room. it looked the same as it did the last time he was there. y/n sat up and rolled over so she was pressed against his side. akaashi was still looking around the room, but slid an around over her shoulders and pulled her closer to him, nearly putting her on his lap.

"so, do i get any hints?" y/n tapped the top of the highlighter against the top of the book.

"nope."

"not even a birthday hint?"

"nope."

"you're mean." y/n started hovering the highlighter over each line as she looked past the rows of letters, trying to find something that would form a word.

"yeah, but you love me." akaashi kissed the side of her head and his eyes quickly found the words he typed out on the first page. "so." he took her hand in his and directed it over to the words.

"you're so cheesy." y/n uncapped the highlighter and trailed it over the words i love you. "and it makes me feel stupid for not expecting that sooner." she flipped to the next page and began searching for more romantic words.

"they're not all gonna be romantic words." akaashi told her and watched as she picked up another highlighter to change colors. 

"oh great. how long is it gonna take me to finish this?" she looked up at him and rested her chin on his shoulder, her lips very close to his jaw.

"a while." akaashi admitted. "but if you're really determined, knowing you, you could finish it by tomorrow." he didn't move his head, knowing her lips were right there.

"you're on."

"i wasn't saying it was a challange."

"i know, but i'm taking it as one." her eyes began scanning every line of letters, trying to find a word. "you could've added clues to each word, you know. be more helpful."

"i'll keep that in mind for next time." akaashi gently pushed her head back down to focus on the book.

"this is like doing homework." she groaned and slumped against akaashi's chest while he comfortingly patted her back.

"you can do it. you were the one who asked for this."

"yeah, but i didn't think you'd turn it into a word search." she started looking all over the place to see if she could form any words. "what does this turn into at the end?"