konoha the cone

y/n and akaashi didn't see each other for a month.

~~~

"it's raining. it just had to be raining." y/n struggled to close the black umbrella. konoha was struggling to dodge out of the way to avoid behind jabbed by the end of it.

"i didn't even know we had an umbrella in the apartment." he said and shoved the umbrella down.

"it's akaashi's." just the mention of his name made her excited. it's been a good amount of time since they've seen each other and she missed him. missed him a lot.

"figures." konoha opened the door and let her inside first. "is he coming here tonight?"

"yeah." y/n dropped her umbrella into the umbrella holder and shrugged her raincoat off. "at least he told me a month ago. you text him and ask."

"y/n!" lana ran away from daiki, nearly falling over twice, to go over to her cousin, wrapping her short arms around y/n's legs. she leaned down and picked up the younger girl.

"how's my favorite kid?" y/n bumped her nose against lana's cheek while the little girl giggled and wrapped her arms around her cousin's neck.

konoha ran his hand through lana's hair and tugged on her bow. "hey, kiddo." lana turned to konoha and smiled at him.

"cone!" y/n had to hide in her laughter when lana used the nickname that she gave konoha when she was first learning to talk.

"it's konoha."

"cone!"

"it's hilarious." y/n grinned and dropped lana back down to the floor. the girl ran back to her dad and wrapped her arms around his legs. "konoha the cone. i'm telling every new friend you make this nickname."

"she calls me cone. cone!" he nudged y/n's ribs. "i'm like... part of ice cream to her."

"she likes giving people nicknames. she called akaashi, kaashi."

"see that's normal cause that's only missing one letter. i get assigned to a whole part of ice cream." konoha kept talking about his nickname while they walked over to the rest of the family. emika, kenji, daiki, and lana.

"your sister said she's gonna be a little late but she'll be here before it ends." kenji gave his daughter a one armed hug.

"that's cool."

"hi konoha. how are you?" emika smiled at him and reached over to give him a hug. konoha was well-liked in y/n's family after they first met.

"i'm good." konoha returned emika's hug and glanced over at kenji a few times.

the first time that they met, konoha blurted out a comment that went "your mother is so attractive," and to his horror, kenji was standing behind him.

it was safe to say konoha was extremely cautious around emika ever since then. kenji looked down at the boy and found heavy amusement in the look in his expression.

"have you seen my painting yet?" y/n took her father's attention away from her roommate.

"not yet, we've been waiting for the artist to show up." kenji answered. "have you seen her around? or is she running off with her writer boyfriend again?" he teased.

"not boyfriend."

"sure thing." kenji was unconvinced.

"come on, let's go see your painting." emika pulled kenji away and towards the long room where the paintings were displayed. the others followed behind them.