carnations

when akaashi dropped y/n back to her apartment and went back to his he realized he forgot something. the envelope. he dropped it in his desk drawer and decided to give it to her later.

~~~

akaashi was standing outside the bookstore with two hot chocolates and a bag of donuts in his hands. he was taking a break from writing and editing and went for the walk. he passed by the coffee shop on his walk and made the decision to drop by and bring her something to eat and drink. 

deciding that it probably wasn't a good idea to stay outside while she was inside, he opened the door and stepped inside into the warm feeling of the bookstore.

emika was leaning against the front counter and looking through her phone. her eyes lifted up to the door when akaashi walked in.

"looking for y/n?" she guessed.

"yes." akaashi dropped the donuts onto the counter. "i got enough donuts for all of you guys though."

"she's over by the poetry section." emika dug her hand into the donut bag and patted him on the shoulder.

akaashi gave her a smile before walking to the poetry aisle where he saw y/n sitting on the floor. she had on a nude colored dress and his eyebrows rose at the sight of it.

"i've never seen you in a dress before." a book slipped out of her hands in surprise when she heard his voice. "hello."

y/n turned to look at him and then his extended hand that had the hot chocolate cup. "hi and thank you." she took the cup out of his hand and knelt up to give him a quick kiss before sitting back down.

"restocking?" akaashi noticed the cart of book cart behind her while she had a stack of books next to her.

"uh huh. dad was tired last night so he went home without restocking so i volunteered to come in early and do it." she answered and started to put the cup on the floor but akasshi swept in and picked it back up.

"what's with the dress?" akaashi asked. "not that i don't find it absolutely beautiful on you. just wondering."

y/n turned her head back to the shelves when she heard his compliment to hide her face like she always did. akaashi found it adorable.

"kaede has a recital banquet with all the families and it's like a formal thing and my mom took us dress shopping and i just wore it because i didn't want to change back into my old clothes." she answered and slid a book into the shelf. "she got me two dresses and this is the first one."

"it's pretty and is it today?" akaashi's fingers trailed down her waist, feeling the material of the dress against his fingertips.

"no, it's on sunday. that is also why i have something to give you." y/n stood up and pulled her book cart over to the front desk where her mother was still standing.

akaashi followed after her and placed the coffee on the table. "you can come behind the counter." she held into his sweater sleeve and pulled him towards her.

he awkwardly stood next to her and his hands reached out for her but he didn't since emika was standing right there.

"here." y/n pulled an envelope out of her bag and handed it to akaashi. "open it."

"should i expect some confetti to pop out in my face?" he asked while tearing the envelope open. there was a slip of paper with a note attached to it.

go to the banquet with me? you can't say no, i already got you a ticket. we can even ditch the second you get bored.