balcony

akaashi walked down the sidewalk towards the coffee shop. he had a plan for the day and it started with him finding a girl. not any random girl, his girl.

luckily for him, she was standing outside the coffee shop and digging into her bag for something. he walked up to her and moved his arm over her shoulder, holding a single key.

y/n stopped looking in her bag and looked up at the key that was dangling in front of her face. "why do i have a key in front- you have an apartment!" she figured it out in the middle of her sentence and spun around to face akaashi.

"i have an apartment." he smiled and put the key back into his pocket just in time for him to catch y/n when she reached up to hug him.

akaashi was surprised since this was the first hug they had since he came back. he forgot how much he loved her hugs. the way she tightly wrapped her arms around him and he could actually feel how much she wanted to hug him.

"can i see it?" she asked when the hug was over. "do you have your stuff here? is it close by?"

"yes, i was planning on taking you, i do have my stuff, and yes it's pretty close." he answered all three questions.

"then what are we waiting for?" she spun akaashi around and placed her hands on his back to push him forward.

"come here." akaashi grabbed her hand and pulled her in front of him so he could direct the way. "it's a little past your apartment, but a little closer to the park."

"really? that's good." she let akaashi put his hands on her shoulders and lead the way to his apartment. "do you wanna see rin again? he's grown a little since you last saw him."

the memory of the little cat bought a smile to his face. he remembered how they bought it home from the dinner with her whole family. 

"yeah, that would be great." akaashi turned the corner towards another street of shops and cafes.

"look at all these coffee shops." y/n waved her hand at the stores. "out all of these coffee shops, we ended up at the same one at the same time multiple times."

"crazy isn't it?" akaashi hooked his pinky through hers and had the urge to kiss her forehead. ever since he did that at the bookstore, he's wanted nothing more than to do it again.

maybe actually try for another kiss.

"or what if we never made eye contact?" she gasped lightly. "i probably would've stared at you for most of the time until you left."

"i would've just typed letters on my laptop while trying not to look at you." akaashi paused. "actually, that's exactly what i did."

"until i made the first move and walked over to you."

"no, i made the first move. i looked over at the chair as an invitation for you to sit." akaashi argued.

"yeah, but i stood up and physically made the move first." y/n stopped and turned to face him, not backing down from the argument.

"movement of the eyes is considered physical."

"movement of the eyes is physical-"

akaashi let out a surprised laugh when y/n wrapped her arm around his neck and covered his mouth with her hand.

"i made the first move."

"whatever you say, darling."

they both quieted down, remembering the memory of their first time arguing over the exact topic.