124: Nightmares

Amber could picture the situation. The eight of them dancing about a pile of dog shit, circling it on their tippy toes. Every time Sieon opened his mouth, they were dragged closer and closer to the pile of shit.

She needed to stop him. Stop him now! She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. It was as if a noose were placed over her neck and with their every word, the rope tightened drawing her closer and closer to what felt like death. She didn't know what she could say.

"Yeah? What about it?" Sieon glanced back, his expression dropping back into that stormy moodiness he was famous for. His eyes were dark with his annoyance as he glanced at the older male, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"But...How can that be? I—" Hikaru's voice shook as he spoke.

His eyes finally darted to hers, the questions spilling from his brown pupils. His wide, pretty eyes, glittered with his questions. Please. Those eyes screamed. Please tell me what he means. Please tell me what he's saying. Please let this be false. He swallowed, his lips pursed. What is going on? She didn't know what to say and her mouth opened and closed. A voiceless fish and it was a clear sign of her guilt.

She was never a good liar and those who knew her could read her expressions like an open book.

"Why can't it be?" Sieon asked, his nose twitching with his frustration.

Despite how dense he could be in some situations, she knew that at this point he could definitely feel the tension in the air and it was affecting him, forcing him to be on his guard.

It left him confused, his words escaped his lips, snappish and angry. They cut into the air, pounding against Hikaru, demanding him to continue. Sieon believed they were against their relationship, believed that they were attacking her because of him.

He got it all fucking wrong.

"She's not—she's not available," Hikaru tried to say.

He didn't know what to say. She knew that and he struggled because he wanted her to step in. He wanted her to speak on his behalf, wanted her to fill in the gaps so that he didn't have to explain everything. But she didn't, not even when he gave her plenty of openings to enter. She bit her lips so hard that she tasted blood. It was a taste of bitter rust that spilt over her tongue and her stomach lurched once again.

"What? Why would you say that?" Sieon asked, outraged.

"It's just...I'm—"

"Look, are you disagreeing with our relationship?" Sieon asked. "I know what I'm doing." He snapped, his baritone voice thick with his threat.

He was angry, bristling, confused at the situation. He didn't know why there was so much tension, didn't know why the other men were reacting this way and he had no choice but to show his teeth at them. Maybe he believed that they didn't like her or maybe he already knew. Maybe, he could see something was wrong but just didn't want to believe in his gut feeling.

"I won't risk our job. I'm serious with her, more than serious. I-I don't just like her. I-I..."

Sieon's words cut her, each one a stab into her chest.

"No, no. Sieon, she's my—my—"

"Why did you fucking do this?" Ezra's voice sliced through their arguments, like a knife through butter.

His raspy voice was loud in the room and it was the stark change and sharpness that forced the two men to shut up and listen. It was an arrow that flew through the air, stabbing into her chest and tearing into her flesh.