16

Cato could not believe what Damon said so he asked him to repeat it. It was like hitting the jackpot.

Two of them would have the chance to work undercover in Shadowdale. The activity of the drug businesses in town increased as a result of the successful actions in the city. Damon was fair again, letting them decide who wants to work on the case.

Katherine almost immediately said no. She did not want to travel back and forth as the boys did and she was not fond of Shadowdale anyway. She visited the boys two times and she found it 'the most boring place in the universe'.

After some hesitation, Thomas declined the opportunity as well. He told the others that he did not think that he would be the best option for an undercover job, as he was sure that playing roles was not a talent of his.

"It can be the two of you," Grey said but his voice did not sound honest. "I mean I was there at the first one, I can't call dibs on this one."

Damon was amused by how well the guys handled these situations. He tested them the first time because he wanted to see the balance of power between them but they acted differently from what he expected. They were a team from the first second on and Katherine was also treated as an equal party by them.

Drake let out a huge sigh.

"I can't... I just can't right now. I'm having too much on my plate... With the studies and everything. I shouldn't work on anything half-minded," he said. "Grey, you won this one as well."

Damon nodded understandingly. Grey held his fist in front of Cato, who bumped it.

Kathrine came over to Drake as he made himself some coffee in the cafeteria. She leaned against the counter.

"Girl troubles?" she asked.

Kathrine came over to Drake as he made himself some coffee in the cafeteria. She leaned against the counter.

"Girl troubles?" she asked.

"What? No," Drake answered maybe a little too quickly.

"That 'no' ridiculously sounded like a 'yes'."

"I wouldn't exactly call it a girl 'trouble'."

Drake looked around, making sure nobody else but Katherine was around.

"Oh wow, so they don't know," she raised her eyebrow. "I thought you guys were brothers or so. Which of their girlfriends are you fucking?"

"None of them has a girlfriend and I'd sooner die, but thanks for the presumption. And for the record, I am not fucking anyone. But there is a girl I can't get out of my head. That's actually why I ditched the job. I don't want to fucking die because I remember her legs while drug dealers are shooting at me."

"I don't think anyone will be shooting at them during this mission, but I'm telling you, you wouldn't be thinking about anyone's body parts if they were shooting at you."

"Trust me, if I'm thinking about her while solving equations, I'd be thinking about her when I'm being shot at," he smiled.

"Are equations as important for you as your life?" Katherine raised her eyebrow.

"They are kinda on the same level, yes."

"You're fucking weird. Anyway, so what's the deal with this girl and why can't we tell the others about her?"

"Because it's Grey's sister. And if that's not enough, we kinda have history, because for some random reason she decided to practice kissing on me years ago and Grey made me swear I'd never touch her again, which I swear I intended to keep but I'm honestly not sure how much longer I will be able to do that."

"And judging from that smile on your face, she's into it, too."

"I think she might be," Drake bit his lower lip. "My only concern is how much I think about her in... inappropriate situations. I think I might be in love with her and I don't want to objectify her but I just can't help thinking about... you know."

"Are you trying to tell me that you are lusting after a girl you are in love with? That literally never happened in human history, I think you should see a doctor," Katherine rolled her eyes.

"Well, it never happened to me."

"What? Didn't you use to have a girlfriend?"

"Yes, quite long ago, but that was different. She was a very... different kind of girl. Rachel is not exactly the type of girl I was looking for, she's a lot more sexy and exciting and fun."

"Were you seriously looking for a girl who wasn't sexy, exciting and fun?"

"I was looking for someone who is sexy and exciting and fun on a level that I can handle. My previous girlfriend was sweet and a bit shy and I think that was cute and I liked being with her and I liked kissing her and sex worked, so it was ideal. I always thought Rachel was a bit too wild, but lately I... No, actually I still think she is a bit too wild, but I fucking love it. I fucking love her. She's just driving me insane and I can't concentrate on anything and I don't want to get myself killed because of that, and definitely not before I get to kiss her."

"Which is when?"

"Well, first I have to find out for sure if she really is into it, but I think we are getting there."

"I'll leave you to it, then. I see what you did there, though, Grey can't kill you if he gets killed first at the mission that you were supposed to attend in the first place."

"I haven't thought of that before but thanks for assuring me that I made the right decision," Drake smiled as Katherine left the kitchen.