22

Because the boys could not think of any better place to wait for her, they stayed in the house. She must have been rushing because she was there thirty minutes earlier than expected. As they heard the car stopping on the driveway, they rushed out of the house.

It was Katherine's car, but she was getting out on the passenger's side. Damon was the one who drove. They saw him gripping on the steering wheel and taking a deep breath before getting out.

Drake was about to say something, but Damon stopped him.

"Let's go inside. We must be quick, but we mustn't discuss anything on the street."

They went to the kitchen table and sat down. Damon thought for a second but then he sat down as well. He saw that the boys needed anything but a lecture and it could wait anyway.

"What do we know?" he asked.

Cato tried to summarize the events of the previous weeks. When he could not continue because he felt too ashamed and worried, Drake took over. Katherine looked at Grey who seemed like someone on the edge of a nervous breakdown. She reached out and squeezed his hand.

"We have to look for your dealer friend," Damon said. "He might know something."

"We don't have to look much," Gray spoke for the first time in hours. "He is always in Ollie's Bar."

"Then let's go," Damon said.

It was Katherine, who went inside. Damon stayed with the boys comforting them. He has not said that everything would be alright, he did not want to promise them anything. And he was worried as well.

Katherine came out a minute later. she smoothed out her jacket.

"He knew only about the house for sure. But he mentioned an empty shop somewhere at the edge of the town," she said.

Grey's phone beeped. He took it out of his pocket and looked at it. His face showed confusion.

"It's from Tommie. It's only an address," he showed the others.

They got into their cars and rushed to the address fearing what they might find there.

*

Frank reached in his pocket and took out a butterfly knife. He opened it in front of Thomas' face.

"Now, you are either gonna talk and make the boss happy with that or you aren't gonna talk and make me happy with that," Frank said.

"What are you planning? You'll cut my fingers off?" asked Thomas, he hoped he sounded more confident as he felt.

"No. But it would be a shame if something happened to your pretty face," the man said and pulled the knife along Thomas' cheek.

Thomas looked at Frank. He wanted to look as determined as possible.

"I won't say anything," he repeated.

He did not even feel it at first as the knife cut through the skin of his cheek. He only felt as it scratched his teeth. Frank pulled the knife out and the blood flooded Thomas's mouth.

"What have you done, you fucking moron?" Pedro came back into the room. "How should he talk, if you cut off his face?"

"I... I don't know, sorry, boss," Frank said.

Pedro took off his shirt and held it to the wound.

"I don't want him to hurt you more, but I will have to make him if you don't help me," Pedro's voice sounded sincere.

So Thomas talked. He has not told everything he knew and he was trying to keep track of what he talked about in case he had a chance to repeat it at the FBI. And it also helped him to concentrate on anything else but his burning face.

When he had felt that he said enough he stopped for a minute. He talked then about someone else as he would have just remembered but then stopped again.

"I can't remember anything else," he said but every word, every sound was painful.

"Thank you," Pedro said, stood up and took away the shirt. The wound seemed pretty bad.

He nodded to Frank who came over to them.

"Knock him out," Pedro said.

Thomas looked at Frank, who stood in front of him. He closed his eyes and thought about his friends. He tried to imagine how he was going to tell them about this afternoon, then the punch came and the picture faded away.

Pedro went to the unconscious Thomas and took his phone. He unlocked it and sent a message.

463 Andrews Rd

He threw the phone in Thomas' lap.

"Now let's get out of here," he said.

"I thought we were gonna take care of him," Frank said.

"And sit for the murder of a law enforcement officer?" Pedro asked angrily. "Are you really as stupid as you look? Now hurry, start the car, we have only a couple of minutes."

*

Damon would have preferred if Grey had stayed out with Cato and Katherine. Cato has already said in the car that he wanted to stay outside on lookout. Damon found it a perfect idea and Katherine has offered to stay with him. Drake held himself together amazingly well, Damon was not sure if he could have managed that in such a situation. Grey on the other side was shaky.

They went in with guns in their hands but their precaution was unnecessary as the place was empty except for a figure in a chair.

Grey's heart skipped a beat as he recognized Thomas in the chair. He was tied, he was bloody and he seemed lifeless. Damon ran to him and put his finger on his neck.

"I feel his pulse, Drake, call an ambulance," he ordered. "Grey, get yourself together and help me untie him."

Grey shook himself, ran there, kneeled behind the chair and untied his friend. He would have never thought that the fact that his friend's skin is warm could make him so happy. As Thomas got untied he fall forwards but Damon was there to catch him.

"The ambulance is on the way," Drake came in.

"Could you please go out and wait for them? You should also tell Cato and Katherine that Thomas will be fine," Damon said.

Drake nodded and ran out.

Thomas was getting awake.

"Hey there," Damon said to him. "Don't talk, the ambulance is on the way."

"It's better than it looks," Thomas managed to say. "It just hurts like hell."

Grey looked at him.

"We should have told Damon," he said laughing-crying.

"We should have told Damon," Thomas nodded, smiling.