X. COZY SCARF

X. COZY SCARF

"Shouldn't we do something now?" Kira asked in confusion, Scott looking over to watch Garrett.

Madison overheard this, agreeing immediately and pulling her long sleeved shirt down to keep warm from the nightly breeze. The Auburn haired girl looked to Isaac, who was currently running his hands through his hair from stress.

"Are you cold? Take this," Isaac spoke, wrapping his scarf around Madison's head and hair. She chuckled at the action, and he joined in by ruffling her hair in the scarf. He was seated next to her in the crowd, his jersey loosely hanging on his shoulders and torso.

The two were sitting on a bench, Isaac preparing to get back into his first lacrosse game since junior year. Madison had finished giving him a pep talk, bringing him into the crowd until the scrimmage started.

She had decided to come to the scrimmage with Mason, who had gone off with Liam to most likely do the same thing she just did with Isaac. She didn't mind, however, as she enjoyed being able to hang out with Isaac again like they did before he left.

"Mads, I'm going to go with Scott to see if he figured out a plan yet. I'll keep you updated." Isaac spoke, putting a hand on Madison's shoulder as his other hand began to put on his helmet.

"Alright." Madison agreed, looking to see that Isaac was gone. She poked her head around the field to see if she could spot Liam or Mason, and luckily she found both. Madison found her way other to the two and stood beside them.

"Hey, guys. What're you doing?" She asked. She adjusted her scarf so it was hanging around her neck, no longer wrapped around her hair messily.

Upon receiving no response, she turned to see who both were looking at, and it was the same student she saw earlier by the bus. He was putting on a shirt, catching Madison's attention as she stared.

Liam looked frustrated, almost angry. She was able to catch Liam's attention, Mason not looking in her way for a second. Mason looked as if he looked waved a hand in Mason's face, startling him.

"Is he-?"

"Looking at Brett, the guy who practically wants to kill me with heart eyes? Yeah, yeah he is." Liam finished for her as she did her best to stifle a laugh.

"You know, he is pretty hot," Madison said as she turned to look at Liam. He gave her a puzzled and frustrated look in response.

"I don't care if he's a foot taller than me. I can take him." He tells the two with a nod of his head.

"Um, yeah!" Madison tells him, placing a reassuring pat on his shoulder. Madison's not quite sure who would win if they were to actually fight, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to find out.