XVII. THEORETICAL

XVII. THEORETICAL

After Madison and Stiles made up, the pair had made up lost time together by helping Lydia finding out the Benefactor's identity.

After being filled in, Madison soon grew aware of Lydia and Stiles' theory, that Lorraine Martin faked her death and was helping the Benefactor, or even was the Benefactor.

Madison listened intently, although she wasn't sure that Lorraine was the Benefactor. It simply seemed too easy.

This is how the three ended up barging into the sheriff's station at a quarter to midnight. Stiles' father hesitantly welcomed the three in, and immediately his son began sharing his theories.

"It's not just that she could be alive." Stiles began as Madison trailed behind him.

"It's that she would've had to fake her death." Lydia explained as she finished Stiles' sentence.

"Your grandmother, Lorraine Martin, faked her death?" Noah Stilinski asked in disbelief.

"Definitely." Stiles stated.

"Maybe," Lydia corrected, giving Stiles a side eye.

"Possibly?"

"More than likely, yes." Stiles decided.

Sheriff Stilinski shook his head at the three answers he received. He ran a hand over his face and sighed.

"Oh, I'm guessing you got a story to back this up?" The Sheriff asked as he tilted his head.

"She might be helping The Benefactor." Lydia told him as Madison shrugged.

"Or is the Benefactor." Stiles said.

"That sounds like a story worth hearing." Noah said, turning around briefly as he shut the door.

It wasn't long as the three began to explain their theory, but Madison wasn't sure it made a whole lot of sense. They were all interrupting each other and adding random bits of information, and the Sheriff's head looked like it was about to explode.

When Madison brought up Parrish's name, she watched as Mr. Stilinski held out a finger and peeked his head out the door.

"Anybody seen Parrish," he asked, "Haigh?"

Madison watched through the blinds of his office as the deputy raised looked to his boss and shook his head. "Haven't seen him."

The sheriff seemed content with his answer as he nodded as brought his attention back to the three teenagers. Their conversation settled into something more ordinary, but was cut short as Parrish walked into the station shirtless and covered in burns.

He walked up to Haigh and pushed him into the wall. Lydia grabbed Madison's hand as the two ducked behind the Sheriff's desk. The Stilinski men were standing by the door, the older with a gun in his hand ready to shoot if he had to in order to protect the children with him.