XLV. LIE ABILITY

XLV. LIE ABILITY

Madison had been going through the pockets of every security guard as she searched for a keycard.

To her surprise she picked up a walkie-talkie instead, and accidentally turned it on. With a surprised yelp Madison threw it to the first person she saw, which just happened to be Isaac.

The beta caught it and looked at her.

"What do I do with this?"

"I don't know!"

"Liam, you take it." He said after a moment, placing it in the sophomore's hands before he had a chance to say no.

"What, no! I don't want it!" Liam stressed, holding the beeping device in his hand as he threw it to Scott.

The alpha looked at the three in mock disappointment, noting their childishness. He pressed a button on the device so others could hear him as he spoke, "does anyone have eyes on the Closed Unit? I need a status report."

"It's a war zone down here." A voice replied.

"Uhh...10-4. And what about the patients? Lydia Martin?"

"Who is this?"

"It's...unit nine."

"There is no unit nine. Who is this? How'd you—" The voice was muffled as Scott crushed the Walkie-Talkie with his hand.

Madison raised an eyebrow. "That'll work."

"All right. We need to figure out another way to get into this Closed Unit."

"How do we get through the mountain ash?"

"I don't know yet, but there's somebody else here that might be able to help us."

"Who?"

"Meredith."

***

It didn't take long for the four to track down Meredith's cell. When they arrived they noticed the banshee with her back to the door, her motionless body facing the wall ahead.

The four entered cautiously after making sure no one was around, a muffled buzzing as they slid the cell door open and stepped inside.

"Meredith," Scott greeted, though he received no response, "Meredith? It's Scott. Scott McCall."

When she failed to move again, Madison looked at Scott worriedly. With a gentle finger she spun Meredith's chair so her body was facing them, and they noticed her void expression and still body.

Madison frowned upon seeing the Banshee. They had never gotten to know one another on a personal level, but Madison felt as if she'd known her known enough to become a significant person in her life.

Especially if she could help them save Lydia.

Madison watched as Scott sat down on Meredith's bed, taking her hand in his.