XXXV. OUROBOROS

XXXV. OUROBOROS

Madison had been out for a long time. Too long.

When the witch awoke, she blinked as she attempted to sit up. Suddenly, Madison felt a sharp pain tingling throughout her body as she winced in pain.

"Oh, good, you're awake." A voice said, as Madison snapped her heard towards the sound, groaning from the force she used on her neck.

"What the hell?" she mumbled, taking in her surroundings. She noticed she was in a room, with no lighting other than whatever was on the other side of the tattered silver talk gate a few feet away from her. She noticed cobwebs and old furniture surrounding her, small pebbles and dust scattered around just about everywhere.

"Who are you?" Madison asked to the boy, finally making eye contact with him. He had kind eyes that were drowned out by his deep eye bags. He had a thin layer of sweat and dirt covering his body, and looked utterly exhausted.

"I'm Zach." He introduced, weakly smiling as he took his hand out for Madison to shake.

The witch sat up from where she had been laying, painfully groaning as she sat up and rested across from Zach. She shook his hand for a moment, letting go when the pain that radiated throughout her body returned.

Madison was able to swallow down the pain, acting as if it didn't hurt her in the slightest—even if it was one of the worst pains she had ever felt. After feeling continuous pain for so long, it becomes routine to not react.

"I'm Madison." The witch replied, gently smiling as she wiped her sweaty hair out of her face. She watched Zach's expression change as his face dropped.

"Not Madison Argent...are you?"

"Would it be a bad thing if I said yes?"

"Very bad."

"Why?"

"I can't tell you. The doctors will be angry." He said after a moment, closing his eyes. Madison titled her head.

"Hey—Zach, I really need you to tell me," she attempted to convince, trying to activate her mind control powers but failing.

"Your powers won't work down here." He informed, Madison growing angry and uncomfortable with how much he knew about her.

The witch ignored the painful ache in her neck, ignoring how it chilled down her body in unbearable waves. She crept towards Zach, face a few inches from his as she stared at him, sending a chill of fear down the boy's spine.

"Zach, you're going to tell me what the hell is going on...right now. I have been going crazy trying to figure out what's wrong with me, and if I had even the slightest idea—if you could help me, I could help us get out of here."

Madison scanned over Zach's facial features as he gulped, a new layer of sweat running down his forehead.

"I...I-um," she watched as he began to sputter, the witch quickly loosing her patience, "you're the one they've been waiting for."